Old 09-10-2019, 07:10 PM
Hans Tucker (Hans)

One Filter to Rule Them All

The claim: The Radian Triad Ultra Quad-Band Narrowband Filter is the only filter you will need for narrowband imaging, especially under light pollution.

Big claim … big price. But does this filter live up to the hype?
Old 16-10-2019, 10:04 PM
Crossy (Paul)

Woah, over a thousand Euros but reviews seem good. If you have OSC still cheaper than going Mono just to avoid LP. I get great images with my OSC but it falls down when in LP at home or with a moon up - even with a CLS-CCD filter. I had high hopes for the CCD filter but just doesn't cut it.
Old 16-10-2019, 10:12 PM
AnakChan (Sean)

Somehow, from the results of the Triad Ultra Quad NB, I still feel it's rather strongly Ha dominated, so I don't know who much "better" it is than the STC DuoNB (which I have).

Recently I've been more keen on the IDAS NB2-PM and NB3-PM. I'm thinking of using these two instead to combine to get a little more Oiii control in the final image.

Here's a sample NB3-PM which I took last week of the Helix Nebula (total of 3 hrs of 10 min subs - taken at ISO 2000 via my CentralDS cooled Astro A7S, through my Takahashi µ250CRS).

P.S. and a single 5 min sub of the NB2-PM. Waiting for the moon to go bye bye to take more subs for the NB2-PM before final combination.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (HELIXNEBULAOIIISIIPS.jpeg)
95.9 KB66 views
Click for full-size image (NB2-PM.jpg)
95.6 KB60 views