Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 19-05-2021, 11:43 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Yeah it got progressively worse but still better than a few nights ago. All packed up now. It was a good new moon overall. Seeing not as good as April but certainly a good run of clear nights.
Yes thankful for the clear nights
Moons up so time to break out the L Extreme filter
Old 19-05-2021, 11:59 AM
Saturnine (Jeff)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Jeff you sound like me but your first Ha imagine with change your view immediately. There is nothing quiet like seeing your first Ha. I think mine was Corona Australius ..stacked it immediately and coloured it blue...I was very apprehensive about my purchase thinking Ha would take very long exposure and low gain and good guiding etc but I think I used 60 second exposures and 200 gain ..should not work but it did....
Alex
Alex

I do actually have a mono camera and filters but haven't really used them (yet) as Imaging with the DSLR is much more simplistic, or so it seems. If and when I actually give NB a concerted attempt I may find that it is no more complicated than OSC. The biggest obstacle, in my brain, is the processing involved with NB and whether I could be bothered spending hours teasing out the best possible detail etc. As it is, I do minimal processing of my OSC images, but I know that I could get better quality if I learnt the ins and outs of Pixinsight, Gimp or similar.
Old 19-05-2021, 08:02 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Tonight is so much better than last night , guiding numbers are good 0.65 to 0.70 arc sec total ( last night 1.20 to 1.45 ) and guide Star HDF is 3.90 to 4.50 ( last night 5.10 to 5.90 )
The downside is there intermittent passing high cloud , so only capturing 1 in 3 good clean subs. Forecast is to clear by 9.00pm to midnight but I can see high cloud way back to the mountain ranges in the south west which are 40km to 60km away. Pushing on regardless
Anybody else out ?
Old 19-05-2021, 09:53 PM
Craig_

I thought tonight might be an unexpected imaging night as it was clear when I thought it was supposed to be cloudy. But there's been high cloud blowing in so I didn't bother setting up. I had a good run last night though, got my OAG up and running and guided at ~0.65" from then on. Seeing was great too, whereas it had been poor over the weekend.