Old 17-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Harry

Envisage Software

Hi to all, I`m a first time user for your site. And by the looks I wish I`d found you 2 years ago, when I first set out to photograph a Galaxy. Lots of equipment later, hours of reading manuals, many nights wasted I`m finally taking what I think are great shots.
I was led to your site while trying to find the answer to a question regarding
Autostar Envisage software V 5.85. so here goes!

I open the Save Process box and next to the File type selection I have 2 check boxes 1. Single Shot and 2. Web Mode.

Can anyone give me a quick description of there purpose?

Thanks for any tips
Never posted a message before so hope Im in the right place
HARRY

Last edited by Harry; 17-10-2006 at 04:00 PM.
Old 30-10-2006, 07:08 PM
74tuc

Hi Harry,

I know nothing about Meade products but here are a couple of sites that may be of use:

http://autostarsuite.net/forums/rss....rumID=6&Mode=0

and

http://autostarsuite.net/forums/thread/8481.aspx

Hope this is of use??

Jerry.
Old 31-10-2006, 01:20 PM
anj026
Plyscope

Hello Everyone

This is my debut in to forumland. I have been into telescopes for a while but am still learning all the time. I have a 6" f15 achromat on a homenade alt-az permanant pier in my backyard. A review is forthcoming. I love this website and anticipate many pleasant times ahead. I must say well done to Mike and everyone else involved, it really is a great asset to have available at the click of a mouse. Good on you all and keep up the good work!
Old 31-10-2006, 01:29 PM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Hi Andy!

to the site, and thanks for your first post! How did you hear about us?

Also thanks for your review - i'm hoping to put it on the site in the next couple of days.
Old 31-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Ric
Support your local RFS

Hi Andy,
welcome to the group

cheers
Old 31-10-2006, 03:03 PM
anj026
Plyscope

Hi Mike and Ric,

I first heard about Ice in Space in Sky and Space magazine.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:03 AM
ruff

Hello all,

Another Novice, learning all I can. Thanks to you all for this site and the invaluable information you are all prepared to pass on. I have only just started to observe; Bought an 8" dob 2 months ago, but it seems the clouds won't leave me alone. What little I have seen has taken my breath away. Lagoon nebula, 47 Tuc and a few other objects that I still have to identify in an atlas. I'm learning patience and awe at the same time

Thanks again and see you round
Old 04-11-2006, 02:35 PM
Ric
Support your local RFS

Hi Ruff, welcome to the group .
You will find plenty of people able to help or steer you in the right direction. they are a great bunch of people.
I see that you have learned lesson 1. "Anything that you buy of an astronomical nature will attract clouds" and lesson 1.1 "The amount you pay for said item is proportional to the amount of clouds it will attract".

But it's still a great hobby

Cheers and have fun
Old 07-11-2006, 06:39 AM
fishman

Newcomer

Hi everyone, I'm a newb (both Astronomy & forums, so please bear with me) and I have just ordered my first scope (12" Lightbridge), I hope I've done the right thing. I guess aperture fever got the better of me. It should arrive Wed or Thurs this week.
I tried to get it first from Sydney but out of stock and then found one closer to home Gold Coast =(less freight).
Anyway I live semi-rural and it's dark here at night. I've also contacted the local astronomy society and there is a meeting coming up. Was gunna wait till then to make a decision before buying scope, but I just couldn't wait.
I found this forum when doing my research and have found a wealth of information here.

Thankyou
Old 07-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Dujon
SKE

G'day, Fishy.

Welcome aboard. I can assure you that a 12" machine will keep you busy for quite a while. There's nothing wrong with the odd impulse buy, by the way, but if you are as new/old as I am, then take a pair of binoculars outside with you as doing so will help enormously. Says he who always forgets.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:41 AM
Ric
Support your local RFS

Hi Fishman and welcome to the group.
From what I have read of the lightbridge I think that you will find it a very capable instrument and give you many years of rewarding viewing.

cheers
Old 07-11-2006, 12:10 PM
[1ponders] (Paul)
Retired, damn no pension

fishman, so a site search for Lightbridge and you will come up with plenty of information and Mods.

btw you are aware of the new scope curse aren't you? Damn, we were just getting over Gargoyle_steve's purchases.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:53 PM
fishman

Hi Guys, "New scope curse"???? Not sure about that but I think I might have broken the drought. Clouds are coming over pretty thick. I should charge the local government for the coming rain.
At this stage I should be looking to heavens on Thursday night all being fair.

Cheers
Old 07-11-2006, 01:59 PM
[1ponders] (Paul)
Retired, damn no pension

That's the curse. The amount of cloud cover is in direct proportion to the amount of money spent on new astro gear or the degree of despiration felt in wanting to use said new astro gear I remember buying an 8" LX200 in the first week of October a couple of years back and only got to use it about a dozen times until February
Old 07-11-2006, 02:33 PM
stephenmcnelley

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman
Anyway I live semi-rural and it's dark here at night. I've also contacted the local astronomy society and there is a meeting coming up. Was gunna wait till then to make a decision before buying scope, but I just couldn't wait.
I found this forum when doing my research and have found a wealth of information here.

Thankyou
Hi fishman, steve here, its great news to hear you decided on the lightbridge, you will definately clear a path around you setting it up if you come along to the next stargazers open night on the 18th. We will be happy to help you get started technicality wise and skywise and be there to give any assistance you may ask for. This forum is great for that to.

Dont forget we are having a bit of a morning here Thursday for anyone that can make it for Merc's transit and all are welcome.

Last edited by stephenmcnelley; 07-11-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:59 PM
fishman

Hi Steve, yes well I took your advise and rang the suggested retailer in Sydney, but alas they won't have stock (12" LB) in till December. So I had to take up on a Gold Coast place who had 2 in stock. He also said I was about the 4 caller regarding the 12" LB today (yesterday). So I had to act and I took the punt. The next 2 days are gunna be killers.....Are we there yet?
I'm planning on coming to the stargazers do on the 18th and I'll be asking lots of questions.

thanks
Old 07-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Ric
Support your local RFS

Ah yes, the "New Scope" curse. I got my LX200R in May this year and for the first two weeks I didn't even take the cover off. In the end I took it out on the third week and chased holes in the clouds and looked at anything that shined just so I could say that I had used it.
It was another month after that before I could seriously do any imaging.

cheers
Old 09-11-2006, 05:26 PM
fishman

Well she's arrived (12" LB) and I got her assembled, my goodness she's a Monster, here I was like thinking 12"s, yeah that's about average size dinner plate. That's the size of the primary mirror and then the tube's another 2-3"s more. And true to form there's not a speck of blue sky (wind and rain thunder and lightning)
But that's what we all expected, Hey!!!

Cheers

Peter
Old 09-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Rubez83
Rubez83

missed transit!!!

Well thanks to a beautifully cloudy sydney day i totally missed the mercury transit. oh well maybe better luck in 12 years.....
Old 10-11-2006, 09:30 AM
stephenmcnelley

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman
Well she's arrived (12" LB) and I got her assembled, my goodness she's a Monster, here I was like thinking 12"s, yeah that's about average size dinner plate.
Peter

Yep, you will be the envy of many astronomers with a scope like that Peter.
Enjoy