Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 27-05-2008, 09:19 AM
philj6970

Beginners equipment

Hi,

I am wanting to start up in astrophotography, I already have a Celestron C90 and a DSLR but got the wrong stuff and have to start again. I am intending to buy a EQ6 Pro Synscan for the mount side of things. I did intend to get a SW APO 100 ED PRO but my budget has suffered before I got started. Would a Skywatcher SW-880 Newtonian $399 from Andrews(13 - 14kg) hang off the EQ6 ok. What are my chances of planetary and deep space photography with this combination. The guide scope etc would have to come later. I would initially piggyback my dslr, I have a 400mm mirror lens and a 300mm prime refractor too.

What extra equipment would I need with the SW-880 OTA to attach my DSLR (Pentax 6Mp), I have a T-ring for the C90 and a Pentax thread mount ring.

Cheers,

Phil (Sunshine Coast)
Old 01-06-2008, 04:49 PM
TrevorW

The Newt would hang off the EQ6 no problem. A Newt in focus is a great scope for photography, see if you can get one with a shorter F ratio. Refer posts under Camera's etc too see what further gear you may need.