Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 03-06-2012, 02:09 PM
turbo_pascale (Rob)

Technical Innovations Home Dome Pro 6

As mentioned in my Obs Build post (here),I am looking to sell my second dome with full automation.

It is the 6ft (1.8m) diameter dome, which you can read up on http://homedome.com/store/product_6ft_%20domes.htm

I have my 10" LX200GPS in mine on a pier, and this actual dome had a 12.5" RCOS on a PME in it for a major portion of it's life (but that was a very tight squeeze and would not be recommended)

It contains the following:-
- Dome with 45" walls (no computer cubbies)
- Full Digital Dome Works system
--> electronic rotation (encoder and home sensors)
--> electronic shutter control (with open/close sensors/shutter relays)

You can operate the dome with the "paddle box wired remote", or directly from PC using the provided software over a DB9 serial connection.

You can download the software and manuals from the homedome site (which is what I did). Worth downloading them anyway prior to purchase to get a feel for how it works. I would however not get too freaked out if you read the assembly instructions, which talk about how to align and drill the dome. It has all been setup before, so there is no drilling required, just put it on a level surface and bolt it together.

This is the 240V version, so you just plug her in, no transformers etc required.

It is currently in it's component parts (3 shutter pieces, 2 dome halves, 3 wall pieces). I have not assembled this one personally (I got both domes and just picked one to assembe and it worked fine). I have however powered up the power supply on this one to make sure it works.

There are no cracks or other damage, other than a few scuff marks where things rub in the normal course of operation, and are only cosmetic (and might be able to be rubbed out with some more vigourous cleaning). There is a bit of silicone on the joins which you can remove and replace once you assemble it. It is a little bit dusty on the inside, but nothing a damp cloth and some elbow grease won't remove.

The only thing that MIGHT be necessary (and I didn't bother with the one I setup) is the rollers for the dome which look a little worn, but they appear to function perfectly. If you were super pedantic, you could buy a replacement set directly from TI. Again, the one I setup for myself works fine, and if anything, looked slightly worse shape than the rollers on this one that I am selling.

It is the same physical dome which was offered here back in 2007 for $10,000 http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...ad.php?t=26146

You need to pickup from Warrandyte, VIC. You could probably fit it on a mid-sized trailer. I picked both up in a Budget van, but that was 2 of them and there was tons of room left over! I will not ship this for you, and if you want to have it picked up by a courier or similar, it will need to be on a weekend, and I won't be held liable for the state it arrives in.

It would take about 2-3 hours to setup with 2 people (I took longer the first time when I set it up in my garage, but I was super cautious and pedantic - when I did it the second time it was much simpler!).

I'm happy to demonstrate the existing dome, and plug in the motors to show them working on the dismantled one. It's possible that there are a few random screws/bolts missing (hard to know unless it is completely assembled), but it looks like all the bits are there when compared to the one I put together. Can also run you through some of the setup process which might help visualise things without the weird manual's diagrams, especially around running the cable for the shutter which was the only part I found a little confusing.

I'm asking for $5000 firm, which is a bargain compared to buying from the USA and getting it shipped (even at current exchange rates), so not really up for any negotiation.

If you REALLY want pictures of it in pieces, I can add them here, but refer to my build thread to see what you're getting.

Rob
Old 11-06-2012, 08:40 AM
turbo_pascale (Rob)

Not sure if there's no interest, or the price is an issue.
Send a PM with a reasonable offer and I'll consider.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:31 PM
jayer (Raj)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_pascale View Post
Not sure if there's no interest, or the price is an issue.
Send a PM with a reasonable offer and I'll consider.
Is the HomeDome HD6 still for sale?
Old 01-08-2012, 04:34 PM
jayer (Raj)

Dome still for sale?

Hi saw the ad and was wondering if the dome was still for sale?
Im in Sydney.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:21 AM
turbo_pascale (Rob)

Yep. Still for sale.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:44 PM
spiezzy

hi there Rob
i was wondering if you still have your observatory for sale i am in the market for one for my LX200R 10" but have had no luck .
Sirius observatories are a little out of my price range at $9200
and Astrodomes are selling the company and the wait could be for ever
and i noticed yours the only thing is I live in Wollongong NSW south of sydney
its a case of getting it up here i have no quarms about the price you are asking for it as it has all the automation with it if i was to get the same thing from Sirius well it would be nearer to $12.000
so yours sounds like a bargan .
I just have to work out how to get it up here then we can talk bussiness
please let me know if it is still up for sale and maybe we can work something out
cheers
pete