Old 18-08-2022, 02:26 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Ngc 7293

I need more data.
My stack was very dim but here is my result just in case I cant get more data.

alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (helfirst.jpg)
154.0 KB119 views
Old 18-08-2022, 09:01 AM
glend (Glen)

Ah the Helix Nebula, one of my favourites. Lots of colour potential there. And you Don't need heaps of data, in my experience, if your prepared to push it. Not trying to gazzump you, but assist.
Here is link to my high gain effort (gain 200, offset 28) with the ASI1600MM-C.

https://www.astrobin.com/262936/?nc=&nce=

Have a look at Jon Rista's comment left below my image. As always click on it to go to the big picture.

How much data did you Have?
Old 18-08-2022, 10:43 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thanks Glen..nice image.

I appreciate your help and guidance ...particularly with finding observatories and sports cars...

I have about 3 hours but I think this object needs more than a 30 second approach...anyways hopefully I will get more tonight ...what I have worked out is all my plans go out the door when trying to cope with zero degrees in the observatory...I should have tried longer exposures and run the auto guiding but the cold near kills me so I dont do what needs to be done...not trying to make excuses but last night it hit me just how difficult imaging has become ...my meds have a side effect of me being super cold sensitive and I am starting to think it is effecting my ability to think out there...

Anyways I have to stop being a sook and get all the rigs working.

Alex
Old 18-08-2022, 12:56 PM
floyd_2 (Dean)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
...last night it hit me just how difficult imaging has become ...my meds have a side effect of me being super cold sensitive and I am starting to think it is effecting my ability to think out there...
Alex
I wonder if it's worth considering a Hepworth Freezer Suit mate. Mine is probably 30 years old at a guess and still in mint condition. I find that during a Sydney winter, I'll sweat the whole time if I wear much more than tracksuit pants and a fleecy top inside. They're great!!
Old 18-08-2022, 01:30 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd_2 View Post
I wonder if it's worth considering a Hepworth Freezer Suit mate. Mine is probably 30 years old at a guess and still in mint condition. I find that during a Sydney winter, I'll sweat the whole time if I wear much more than tracksuit pants and a fleecy top inside. They're great!!
I have often considered one because a really nice man distributed them here.

I am very well rugged up and have a heat pad on my chest ..I guess it is because my face and hands are exposed...neither can be covered more...

I am going to run the genny and run a small radiator tonight...ok its throwing money around in fuel but given the huge investment running the genny is a small price to pay in addition and if it costs me a fortune in fuel over the next twenty years I shall not complain.. This new genny is very quiet so the noise should not bother me...

Thanks for your suggestion and taking your time to make it..
alex
Old 18-08-2022, 04:43 PM
floyd_2 (Dean)

I observe from a warm shed with my rig outside, wired through the wall. I mostly only ever head outside for the polar alignment and to grab more tea from the house. I'm with you all the way on your heater idea. I run a small fan heater in my shed and it works like a charm. That plus a freezer suit keeps me warm as toast!!! I know fan heaters are expensive to run too, but it's a small price to pay for an enjoyable evening under the stars!
Old 18-08-2022, 05:00 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Alex,
That’s an encouraging Helix for a relatively small amount of data
Some nice detail within
I understand that colour is somewhat difficult so it would be nice to see just the luminance on your final image to expose all that detail
I suspect it will be worth waiting for
Well done indeed !!

Spring can’t come sooner enough for us senior citizens ( my beanie and fingerless gloves have been a welcome accessory over the past 4 months )

Best
Martin
Old 18-08-2022, 09:49 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thanks Martin...I no longer worry about colour ...if I like it that is all that matters ...This is just with the OSC which now that I am using it am rather happy with it.

I am getting more data now but it probably requires a different approach to my short sub thing...

I dont see myself as a senior citizen try as I may...None of my problems are old age..they are mainly from the back problem and everything else are side effects of the cancer meds... my hair is still black so when it goes white I will reclassify myself...

Thanks for your input.

Alex
Old 18-08-2022, 10:03 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Thanks Martin...I no longer worry about colour ...if I like it that is all that matters ...This is just with the OSC which now that I am using it am rather happy with it.

I am getting more data now but it probably requires a different approach to my short sub thing...

I dont see myself as a senior citizen try as I may...None of my problems are old age..they are mainly from the back problem and everything else are side effects of the cancer meds... my hair is still black so when it goes white I will reclassify myself...

Thanks for your input.

Alex

I assumed this image was with your 2600MM and filters but since it’s your 2600MC that makes it so much better
Hope you can add a few more hours to this one

My hair and beard went white 15 years ago but now it’s falling out and I’ve developed a decent runway up the middle.I’m not old , I don’t feel old , I’ve got a Seniors Card so I guess I’m a Senior citizen ?

Best
Martin
Old 18-08-2022, 10:27 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I am thinking to run the OSC on the RASA with maybe one of those fancy filters as changing filters is a pain on it....the Helix here is thru the 115 mm just to be clear...but set it up with the mono and get a filter wheel ...

Here is a photo of me before my operation which required the hair cut and the beard removed...I had to present as if I was worth saving..I now look much younger than with the long hair and beard...or so everyone says...but I dont care I dont have to look at me.

Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_20210405_073422_resize_98.jpg)
60.3 KB82 views