Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Equipment Discussions

Old 18-08-2022, 08:31 AM
AdamJL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamG View Post
If you're planning on the AAP then would recommend not getting a polemaster as it's not compatible (and redundant because the AAP polar aligns through your main scope)

Personally, I wish I had gone straight to the AAP instead of the Polemaster first, but back then I didn't know what I didn't know.
Owning an AA+, a mini PC with NINA, and a PoleMaster, I find the quickest to get me setup is the PoleMaster.

NINA and the AA+ polar alignment routine (they are the same: AA+ took the code from NINA) are great in theory but you can over/undershoot a lot so dialling in perfect polar alignment always takes me longer than planned.
Old 13-12-2022, 05:00 AM
denodan (Dennis)

I got ipolar and works great, it's fast and very simple. Great results, and could not be any simpler, fast easier than pole master.

Also you can use ipolar and think pole master with sharpcap polar alighment instead, ypu certianly can with ipolar, can just use sharpcap polar alighment if needed.

But the ipolar is even quicker and easier than aharpcap and as easy as lining up your optical finder during the day in a distant object
Old 04-01-2023, 06:57 AM
Questor (Jon)

Late to the party here, but just putting in my 2c for the NINA 3 point PA plugin - you don't need to be able to see the pole (I can't from my location, easily) - takes me less than 10 minutes to be within an arcminute.
Old 06-01-2023, 07:11 AM
AdamJL

Travelling overseas at the moment, and used the AA+ recently to polar align... actually super quick. I was very impressed. About as quick as the PoleMaster on a good day.
Old 13-01-2023, 02:46 PM
Millsy (Andrew)

I do both, perhaps it's overkill but the Polmaster is on the mount were as PA through the ASIAir is through your imaging camera, If I do Polmaster first & then the Air & the Air is drastically out them something has moved or is wrong. The Air for me is just to double check all is ok..