Old 12-08-2022, 05:38 PM
neilbarber (Neil)

Asiair plus

This could well have been asked about before but new to here and not sure where to look.
I'm looking into getting the asiair plus but my tablet (android) is only 2gig ram. I see it says it requires 4gig ram but I have read that people have been ok using it on tablets with only 2gig. Has anyone got conformation on it working ok on 2gig.
Thanks
Old 12-08-2022, 05:57 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbarber View Post
This could well have been asked about before but new to here and not sure where to look.
I'm looking into getting the asiair plus but my tablet (android) is only 2gig ram. I see it says it requires 4gig ram but I have read that people have been ok using it on tablets with only 2gig. Has anyone got conformation on it working ok on 2gig.
Thanks
2 gig of ram will mean certain things like the sky map wont work you are better off using bluestacks on a laptop or get another tablet
Old 14-08-2022, 11:34 AM
neilbarber (Neil)

Thanks ... was trying to get away from using the laptop. Had seen a few people saying they had no trouble using it with 2 gig but like you say sky map didn't work but if everything else did I'd be fine with that.
Old 14-08-2022, 02:06 PM
Dave882 (David)

If you have a compatible phone that might work a bit better than an older tablet.
Old 14-08-2022, 06:04 PM
gbeal

I've had the AA+ for a while now, hands down THE best piece of kit I have used/owned. It does sort of lock you into the ZWO system, but I have all ZWO anyway, so it wasn't an issue.

For a while I ran it on an aging Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, and it worked fine. More recently I went completely IOS again, and got a new iPad. Now it really hums.

In your case I'd try it with what you have and if you like the system in general, then upgrading the tablet isn't a huge burden.
Old 15-08-2022, 05:36 AM
neilbarber (Neil)

Thanks ... too old to get into what all these new phones can do ...lol. Will try it or get a different tablet
Old 15-08-2022, 05:38 AM
neilbarber (Neil)

Thanks ... will see how it goes once I can find an aisair that's in stock or will have to pre order one
Old 15-08-2022, 08:32 AM
AG Hybrid (Adrian)
A Friendly Nyctophiliac

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbarber View Post
Thanks ... will see how it goes once I can find an aisair that's in stock or will have to pre order one
Good luck with that.

I have the original ASIAIR. I'm looking to upgrade to the ASIAIR+. I think they are out of stock - everywhere on earth. Also, the camera I want to upgrade from ASI224 to a ASI385 for EAA is out of stock everywhere too.