My God it's full of stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by topheart View Post
Spectacular Andy!
Cheers,
Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolhandJo View Post
Ok - so that's how its supposed to look! Its got everything in it. Very nicely done
Thanks very much again Tim & Paul - currently working on a new target, fingers crossed for clearer skies to get it done soon.
Old 28-10-2021, 08:52 AM
pkinchington (Peter (Kanga))

Fantastic Image!
Old 28-10-2021, 09:51 PM
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

False colour... hummm...I still struggle with it.
Lord knows, I've done a few, some crashed and burned, others did pretty darn well.

But would HaLRGB be better .

How do we define better? Is astrophotography art? Or is there an art to astrophotography?

Your rendition is colourful in spades. The question I'd also ask, what physical process is being revealed here?

(BTW I also like the StarX plugin. )

Anyway I'm probably being obtuse, as there are so many things I like about this rendition. Yet still, something seems lost to me...when I work it out I'll let you know.

Regardless of my ruminations, a tip o' the hat for this excellent rendition
Old 29-10-2021, 09:04 AM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkinchington View Post
Fantastic Image!
Thanks Kanga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
False colour... hummm...I still struggle with it.
Lord knows, I've done a few, some crashed and burned, others did pretty darn well.

But would HaLRGB be better .

How do we define better? Is astrophotography art? Or is there an art to astrophotography?

Your rendition is colourful in spades. The question I'd also ask, what physical process is being revealed here?

(BTW I also like the StarX plugin. )

Anyway I'm probably being obtuse, as there are so many things I like about this rendition. Yet still, something seems lost to me...when I work it out I'll let you know.

Regardless of my ruminations, a tip o' the hat for this excellent rendition
Thanks Peter, HaLRGB is possible, but most of this data was captured under Melbourne's full moon. Not making excuses, but clear skies seem to happen only when the moon is full lately. Also Bortle 6/7 LP yada yada yada....

As to physical processes? Should be straightforward enough to determine as the colours are assigned to Ha, O3 & S2 - nothing especially tricky there other than perhaps an eye for a harmonious colour palette.

And as to the 'Art & Astrophotography' discussion? We've already been down that road so many times on this forum that the resulting flame wars, bullying and spiteful comments (not yours) have become so tiresome that I couldn't be bothered engaging with them further online here.

However, when we next meet face to face, I'd be delighted to shout us both a decent bottle of red and discuss the topic like civilised people!
Old 29-10-2021, 10:31 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy01 View Post
And as to the 'Art & Astrophotography' discussion? We've already been down that road so many times on this forum that the resulting flame wars, bullying and spiteful comments (not yours) have become so tiresome that I couldn't be bothered engaging with them further online here.

However, when we next meet face to face, I'd be delighted to shout us both a decent bottle of red and discuss the topic like civilised people!
Old 31-10-2021, 05:59 PM
Drac0 (Mark)

Very nice - hoping to capture this tonight if I've got my angles right & it's between the trees & not in them! Don't expect to get anywhere near this great result.