Old 26-07-2022, 05:45 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Never give up...Swan Nebula

So I am back in my holiday flat opposite Lismore Hospital and treatment is going very well all things considered... but on Sunday night I had a go at capturing the Swan Nebula as I went home for the weekend.

I know I am always complaining but my imaging session was somewhat depressing in so far as it went from thick cloud to thin cloud such that I ended up with less than an hour for the night..some Ha, some oxy, and some green was all I had to play with and not much of then either.. more experiments with wild gain and 30 second subs because yet another night where there was little point in being serious..I was sorting out other stuff in the observatory so I was not worried and just let it run to see if I ended up with anything...but the 80mm espirite and the zwo 2600 mm went well although the eq5 is still playing up badly and feels like it needs lubrication as it is very stiff..but that must wait ...so today I went thru the mess and worked real hard to produce this image using it as an exercise to further investigate Star Tools and what tricks I could use to produce a result in Photo Shop...this is perhaps the first image that I have ever submitted here that I expected will actually have benefited from the downsize which I hope will hide a few more problems... I included a huge crop to show the noise.

But I once would have just not bothered as the seeing was terrible and the subs were lucky that I have plenty of spare time on my hands while getting my treatment.

Thanks for looking.

alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (noiseworks.jpg)
208.4 KB124 views
Click for full-size image (inspectnoise.jpg)
208.6 KB117 views
Old 26-07-2022, 07:40 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Alex,
Loads of detail there for such short integration time ( lots of noise too unfortunately)
Pity conditions were not better
That 2600MM camera is a winner ( so is the 2600MC )
Well done for having a go !!

PS: I call it the Swan too ( not Omega )

Cheers
Martin
Old 27-07-2022, 07:54 AM
AstroBogan (Jacob)
Jacob

Glad to hear treatment is going well Alex!

For the short integration time this is quite a capture and has some great detail. I definitely need to have a go at this one myself.

Once the noise is sorted it'll be that much better
Old 27-07-2022, 08:20 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thank you good gentlemen for your kind words...

You think the noise is bad now you should have seen what I started with...it was unbelievable and the only reason I bothered was because I had the time to burn... one thing to note from my experience was you can get away with very high gain if you do heaps of subs but with only a few subs it becomes unmanageable... I now have my new fancy dew heater ring for the RASA ( and guide cameras) so now I can build a decent cable guide and tidy things up somewhat and I also have the new cables so hopefully I can incorporate the Asiair plus ... The light pad is set up with layers of t-shirts so flats here we come...which is good as I notice dust bunnies are hopping about

Thanks again.

Alex
Old 27-07-2022, 02:05 PM
Stephane

Alex, first of all, great to hear your treatment is going well. Also, you have produced a nice image with good detail and excellent star shape. I find it such a challenge to get nice round stars, but clearly you’ve got that under control. Well done.

Stéphane
Old 27-07-2022, 02:38 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephane View Post
Alex, first of all, great to hear your treatment is going well. Also, you have produced a nice image with good detail and excellent star shape. I find it such a challenge to get nice round stars, but clearly you’ve got that under control. Well done.

Stéphane
Thanks Stephane..if a sub has round stars it goes in the stack if not " perfect" it does not get a ticket for the show..

Earlier today I realised my recent Dragaon "failure" used the unchecked pile by mistake so I am doing it again so it will be interesting to see if I get any improvement as I blamed the poor result on mist and moisture ...

I am hopeful but most of all occupied.

Thanks again for your kind words as time is really starting to drag here.

Alex
Old 27-07-2022, 03:43 PM
PKay (Peter)

Hey Mate

Just for you Alex, settle down in a comfy chair.

Thoughts of Albert Einstein...

“Concerning matter, we have been all wrong. What we have called matter is energy, whose vibration has been so lowered as to be perceptible to the senses.
Matter is spirit reduced to point of visibility. There is no matter.”
"Time and space are not conditions in which we live, but modes by which we think.
Physical concepts are free creations of the human mind, and are not, however it may seem, determined by the external world."
“Time does not exist – we invented it. Time is what the clock says.
The distinction between the past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.”
“I think 99 times and find nothing. I stop thinking, swim in silence, and the truth comes to me."
"The intellect has little to do on the road to discovery.
There comes a leap in consciousness, call it intuition or what you will, the solution comes to you and you don’t know how or why.”
"A human being experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of consciousness.
This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us.
Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures
and the whole of nature in its beauty."
"Our separation from each other is an optical illusion."
“When something vibrates, the electrons of the entire universe resonate with it. Everything is connected.
The greatest tragedy of human existence is the illusion of separateness.”
“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
“We are souls dressed up in sacred biochemical garments and our bodies are the instruments through which our souls play their music.”
“When you examine the lives of the most influential people who have ever walked among us, you discover one thread that winds through them all.
They have been aligned first with their spiritual nature and only then with their physical selves.”
“The true value of a human being can be found in the degree to which he has attained liberation from the self.”
“The ancients knew something, which we seem to have forgotten.”
“The more I learn of physics, the more I am drawn to metaphysics.”
“One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike.
We still do not know one thousandth of one percent of what nature has revealed to us.
It is entirely possible that behind the perception of our senses, worlds are hidden of which we are unaware.”
“I’m not an atheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds.
We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages.
The child knows someone must have written those books.”
"The common idea that I am an atheist is based on a big mistake. Anyone who interprets my scientific theories this way, did not understand them."
"Everything is determined, every beginning and ending, by forces over which we have no control.
It is determined for the insect, as well as for the star. Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune,
intoned in the distance by an invisible piper."
“The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It will transcend a personal God and avoid dogma and theology.”
“Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.”
“Everything is energy and that is all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you can not help but get that reality.
It can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics.”
"I am happy because I want nothing from anyone. I do not care about money. Decorations, titles or distinctions mean nothing to me.
I do not crave praise. I claim credit for nothing. A happy man is too satisfied with the present to dwell too much on the future."

Oh, an average image, but full of love
Old 27-07-2022, 04:20 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKay View Post
Hey Mate

Just for you Alex, settle down in a comfy chair.

Thoughts of Albert Einstein...

“Concerning matter, we have been all wrong. What we have called matter is energy, whose vibration has been so lowered as to be perceptible to the senses.
Matter is spirit reduced to point of visibility. There is no matter.”
"Time and space are not conditions in which we live, but modes by which we think.
Physical concepts are free creations of the human mind, and are not, however it may seem, determined by the external world."
“Time does not exist – we invented it. Time is what the clock says.
The distinction between the past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.”
“I think 99 times and find nothing. I stop thinking, swim in silence, and the truth comes to me."
"The intellect has little to do on the road to discovery.
There comes a leap in consciousness, call it intuition or what you will, the solution comes to you and you don’t know how or why.”
"A human being experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of consciousness.
This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us.
Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures
and the whole of nature in its beauty."
"Our separation from each other is an optical illusion."
“When something vibrates, the electrons of the entire universe resonate with it. Everything is connected.
The greatest tragedy of human existence is the illusion of separateness.”
“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
“We are souls dressed up in sacred biochemical garments and our bodies are the instruments through which our souls play their music.”
“When you examine the lives of the most influential people who have ever walked among us, you discover one thread that winds through them all.
They have been aligned first with their spiritual nature and only then with their physical selves.”
“The true value of a human being can be found in the degree to which he has attained liberation from the self.”
“The ancients knew something, which we seem to have forgotten.”
“The more I learn of physics, the more I am drawn to metaphysics.”
“One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike.
We still do not know one thousandth of one percent of what nature has revealed to us.
It is entirely possible that behind the perception of our senses, worlds are hidden of which we are unaware.”
“I’m not an atheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds.
We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages.
The child knows someone must have written those books.”
"The common idea that I am an atheist is based on a big mistake. Anyone who interprets my scientific theories this way, did not understand them."
"Everything is determined, every beginning and ending, by forces over which we have no control.
It is determined for the insect, as well as for the star. Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune,
intoned in the distance by an invisible piper."
“The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It will transcend a personal God and avoid dogma and theology.”
“Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.”
“Everything is energy and that is all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you can not help but get that reality.
It can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics.”
"I am happy because I want nothing from anyone. I do not care about money. Decorations, titles or distinctions mean nothing to me.
I do not crave praise. I claim credit for nothing. A happy man is too satisfied with the present to dwell too much on the future."

Oh, an average image, but full of love
Thank you Peter for thinking enough of me and my situation to take your time to present that quote...of course I disagree with so much of it and wonder if he was on the turps addressing a gathering of theistists as my take is he was indeed an atheist...my trouble is I think long and hard about the things people say, being famous does not reduce my thinking about what they say, and he really has gone off the rails in my view and just because he is regarded as inteligent by the world at large one could no doubt offer his words in this instance to establish the opposite...

Metaphysics, soul, spirit religion God ..I reject all and will bebate all comers who insist on preventing humans dropping the superstitions that belong in the past..although the last sentences ..the second last and the third last could well have been written by me...

To be clear I am very happy and do not consider my issues a problem in any way at all ..other than I feel guilty wasting time just laying about..I still say and believe that I am the luckiest man in the world and if I took the time to bore everyone with my history all would agree that I am correct.

Thanks again Peter I do hope you and yours are well. Your act of kindness is very much appreciated.
Alex