Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Astrophotography
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2022, 06:00 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Lagoon Nebula...OSC and Mono Stack Test

I obtained more Lagoon data in HA via the ZWO 2600 Mono to add to the OSC data from a couple of nights ago.

After a couple of attempts I manage to stack 510 subs each of 30 seconds, and 300 gain, both from the ZWO2600 OSC and the ZWO2600 MONO with a HA filter.. I tried to add darks but it was just to much or at least without the darks I obtained a result. i used 3x drizzle and it took three attempts each of about 7 hours stacking time

I did try to create three stacks..one of OSC, one of HA and one of both combined that I hoped to combine all via Startools but for what ever reason those files came out in different sizes so I could not combine in Startools. I have no idea why the difference in file sizes.

Anyway I processed only the final stack of the 510 subs (OSC and HA) and present it now (first image) together with the OSC image (second) from a couple of days ago for comparison...sorry about different crop size.

I have been working on this for many hours and have lost all objectivity so please be honest with critical input...I am now working on the basis that colour does not matter all that much but if its is terrible please say so...the stars egged a bit but my phot checker is unusable so I could not do my usual cull unfortunately.

ADdition by edit....I added a third image which is another try at processing
alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (11OSCANDHA.jpg)
213.3 KB25 views
Click for full-size image (11lagcolourcamtest.jpg)
208.4 KB26 views
Click for full-size image (final1.jpg)
205.6 KB12 views
Click for full-size image (final2.jpg)
212.3 KB22 views

Last edited by xelasnave; 08-08-2022 at 09:26 AM.