Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions

Old 04-08-2018, 02:40 PM
donbruns (Don)

Seeking Australian Advanced Imager Collaborator

Hi everyone,

I am interested in finding a partner in Australia for a project that needs good images in May-July 2019. I am in San Diego in the US, but need someone who would not mind taking a series of images over several specific nights in Australia. I tried iTelescopes, but they don't quite have the right imaging combination. What I am looking for is someone with a telescope aperture from 0.3m to 0.5m, and a monochrome, cooled CMOS camera with somewhere around 30 arcminute field of view and a pixel scale of about 0.5 arcsec/pixel. Dark skies or good seeing are nice, but not necessary. Dedicating several entire nights to the observing program are needed.

I will take your images and perform lots of analysis and calculations, ending with a technical paper that should be published in an astronomical journal. I prefer to keep the specific target and observing program confidential, until the program is underway. If interested, please reply to this thread.

Thanks,
Dr. Donald Bruns
San Diego
Old 05-08-2018, 11:11 AM
bert (Brett)
Automation nut

Sent Pm.

Brett
Old 08-08-2018, 04:13 PM
brenchen

Hi Dr Bruns, welcome to the Australian forum. I can't help you with this request, but just wanted to drop in and say - you've done some interesting work there and a good number of citations, well done! I look forward to your publication on this one