Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 10-03-2015, 02:47 PM
robgreaves

Genuine Ebony Star for Dob bearings

I have a large surplus piece of Ebony Star.

Biggest dimensions are 1.24m x 0.71m, with a few more bits and strip offcuts hanging off the edges.

Enough for the azimuth and altitude bearings for your dob.

This is the genuine bumpy ebony star imported from the USA that works perfectly with teflon bearings as per Dave Kriege's design, not the 'smooth' ebony star they try and sell you here under the same name!

Buyer must collect from Penrith, NSW.

$40

Thanks - Rob
Old 10-03-2015, 08:26 PM
Mokusatsu (Australia)

WOuld you consider cutting it up for several buyers and mailing pieces?

If so a pair of 300mmx300mm pieces would do me...

Last edited by Mokusatsu; 10-03-2015 at 09:45 PM.
Old 15-03-2015, 06:31 PM
robgreaves

That might be possible. However, a single piece 300x600 would be better as that would probably roll up to some extent. YOu can then chop it in half at home with good strong scissors. Trying to roll up 300mm squares wouldn't work, and it'd have to be a large flat envelope, or even tape it to a piece of plywood and wrap that to stop it being broken or chipped - which would cost way more to post than rolling it and putting it in a tube.

Let me look at my piece and see if I can get that piece out of it efficiently and not be left with scraps that would be no good to anyone.

Where abouts are you?

Thanks - Rob
Old 15-03-2015, 08:42 PM
Mokusatsu (Australia)

I'm in Perth, and with regard to how best to ship it I'll have to defer to you as I don't know how bendy or tough it is! I had imagined the best way to ship it would be in a big manila envelope sandwiched between pieces of cardboard with a "brittle: do not bend" warning on it. Courier companies like e-go charge very little for such packages and I hope would take more care of it than Australia Post. I just got a quote for a 60x60x1cm envelope weighing 1kg and it was $11.22, picking up from an address in Penrith and delivering to my nearest depot.

Could you perhaps upload a photo of this sheet, either accompanied with a sketch showing dimensions or just add the dimensions onto the photo with editing software?

Last edited by Mokusatsu; 21-03-2015 at 07:55 PM. Reason: more detail