Old 19-08-2007, 12:05 AM
peifred

Angry Sony DSC-P73 Digital Camera

Does anyone know how I can set up my camera so I do not get blurry pics when taking pics of moving objects. There is suppose to be a way to set shutter speed, but I cant understand the instructions. All I get is the Nr settings which are real slow. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 19-08-2007, 05:29 AM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Hi there,

I'm not sure if the P73 has a "Manual" mode? Or does it have "Scene" selection, such as sports mode?

If it has manual mode, then you should be able to use the menu to set the shutter speed. Otherwise, choose the "sports mode" which will have the fastest shutter speed.
Old 19-08-2007, 09:31 AM
joshman (Josh)

if you camera does indeed have a way to set the shutter speed, it's commonly represented by the letters "Tv" i'm unfamiliar with teh particulars of you camera, but if these letters appear on the mode selection dial on your camera, then flick it over to that. that will allow you to set your shutter speed, and you camera will take care of the rest of the details.

hope that helped.

actually after looking here, it seems as though your camera has a 'manual' mode, using the camera in this mode should allow you to set your shutter speeds.
Old 19-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Tamtarn
Barb and David

Hi Peifred

Welcome to IIS

I have the same camera as you. Not knowing anything about photography when I first got it and I found the instructions a little difficult to understand also.

The best way is to put the camera setting on manual mode and follow the instructions for "Shooting with manual shutter speed and aperture settings". The shutter speed can be selected between 1/1000 of a second and 30 seconds

What subject are you wanting to photograph ?? Is it terrestrial or astronomical ??

You should be able to use auto on terrestrial unless it's a fast moving object

Hope this helps you

Barb