Old 14-04-2021, 11:17 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCosmos View Post
When people on the field are overstretched they need to ask other people to join them on the field. Nobody can be blamed for not helping when help wasn’t asked for.

PS I said it before and I’ll say again. I am more than happy to give up my personal time to help and not in any way trying to be difficult but life is just too short to not speak up. Astrofest has probably been more important to me in the last 11 years than anything else I have done so I feel a great disappointment that it seems to be on life support. I hope it pulls through.
Seriously? If it is that critical for you put your hand up. Done and dusted.
Old 14-04-2021, 02:19 PM
OneCosmos (Chris)

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Seriously? If it is that critical for you put your hand up. Done and dusted.

I tried putting a meme but for some reason it didn't show up as an image. Never mind. My hands are up.
Old 14-04-2021, 03:11 PM
peter_4059 (Peter)
Big Scopes are Cool

Quote:
When people on the field are overstretched they need to ask other people to join them on the field. Nobody can be blamed for not helping when help wasn’t asked for.

PS I said it before and I’ll say again. I am more than happy to give up my personal time to help and not in any way trying to be difficult but life is just too short to not speak up. Astrofest has probably been more important to me in the last 11 years than anything else I have done so I feel a great disappointment that it seems to be on life support. I hope it pulls through.
Best to avoid confusing being out of left field with being on the field. While it might seem like a subset, that is not a place you want to be.
Old 14-04-2021, 04:40 PM
OneCosmos (Chris)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_4059 View Post
Best to avoid confusing being out of left field with being on the field. While it might seem like a subset, that is not a place you want to be.
Well I thought I was on the field but nobody else was there but it may turn out that I’m on a different field
Old 16-04-2021, 05:00 PM
peter_4059 (Peter)
Big Scopes are Cool

Quote:
Well I thought I was on the field but nobody else was there but it may turn out that I’m on a different field
...or maybe you are trying to play an individual sport? Organising Astrofest on the other hand is a team sport.
Old 17-04-2021, 11:30 AM
OneCosmos (Chris)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_4059 View Post
...or maybe you are trying to play an individual sport? Organising Astrofest on the other hand is a team sport.
We can continue but let’s not. All I can say is you can’t fix a problem until people acknowledge there is one.
Old 17-04-2021, 02:23 PM
glend (Glen)

This thread should be closed, it is going no where, and that should be acknowledged.
Old 17-04-2021, 03:55 PM
OneCosmos (Chris)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
This thread should be closed, it is going no where, and that should be acknowledged.
On that we can all agree. Let’s consider it closed.
Closed Thread