Old 18-12-2020, 06:00 PM
Saturn488

Using new filter, with or without first go?

Going to be doing some imaging tonight and I purchased an L-eNhance 2" filter to fight light pollution.

I havn't really taken any nebulae with the scope within the last few years, only really wide angle stuff. Should I plonk the filter on and snap away or should I not use the filter first so I have something to compare with?
Old 18-12-2020, 07:03 PM
RyanJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn488 View Post
Going to be doing some imaging tonight and I purchased an L-eNhance 2" filter to fight light pollution.

I havn't really taken any nebulae with the scope within the last few years, only really wide angle stuff. Should I plonk the filter on and snap away or should I not use the filter first so I have something to compare with?
Hi Chrys,

My suggestion would be to go without the filter to start with. Basic resin being that to get good luminance you will need to heavily increase your sub lengths which means better guiding. If your having a first crack, start off getting comfortable with your setup. You can then add the filter later and move on from there.

Cheers
Ryan
Old 18-12-2020, 07:50 PM
Saturn488

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJones View Post
Hi Chrys,

My suggestion would be to go without the filter to start with. Basic resin being that to get good luminance you will need to heavily increase your sub lengths which means better guiding. If your having a first crack, start off getting comfortable with your setup. You can then add the filter later and move on from there.

Cheers
Ryan
Exactly what I was thinking, thank you!