ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25-06-2015, 04:18 PM
DannyV (Danny)

Super Strong Pier

Hi Folks
I have a Tall solidly built general purpose pier for sale. It is designed to be buried in a concrete footing, or bolted to a flat base to match any height your obsevatory requires.

Size: 6.5 x 220 mm Steel Pipe, 1860 High (incl welded ends, 1940 with adjustable head)
With: 3 x 250 x 250 x 10 mm Steel plates, with 4 10.5 mm holes at approx. 220 mm centres.
Includes: 4 x 100mm marine grade (316) Stainless Steel setscrew hex bolts.
12 ‘’ ‘’ nuts & flat washers
8 ‘’ ‘’ spring washers.
Weight: 75kg (with packing & bolts)

As the pipe is so thick and stiff, no buttressing is required, no vibrations are seen as long as the base is anchored into at least 1 cubic metre of reinforced cement. Bury a former in the concrete holding 4 x 10mm high tensile bolts, or 4 x 10mm gal threaded rod. This pier is the little brother of the one I'm using, mine is 4M tall to get above my house roof, and I don't get any spurious vibrations.

The top plate allows for levelling, should the concrete settle and tilt over time.
A sub mount plate can be fitted to match your telescope, I bought a 'Dan's adapter' for the CGEM-DX mount and bolted the top plate of it to the top of mine.

Asking Price: $800 (or best offer) plus Freight.

Expect freight to Sydney to be $200 or so to courier's depot- we will need to get a quote.

OR for a SMALLER PIER:
If there's no interest in the full length, I intend to have this pier re-manufactured (by a professional welder) into 2 units. One of these I will use on my trailer as a mobile setup, the other will be for sale. I'm flexible about the height, so you can choose your preferred height.

Height: 900 (+/- 200mm or so to your order) (incl welded ends, plus 100mm for the head unit) x 6.5 x 220 mm Steel Pipe.
Fittings as above.
Weight: around 40kg (with packing & bolts)
Price for the half pier: $ 500 plus freight or best offer
Freight estimate for the half pier based on a previous quote is around $150 to a couriers's depot in Sydney.

Please pm, Happy to discuss anything.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_0002.jpg)
189.9 KB164 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0006.jpg)
106.7 KB88 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0007.jpg)
122.2 KB98 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0004.jpg)
138.8 KB83 views