Old 28-11-2020, 07:17 AM
Neil

ZWO. asiair pro

G,day everyone, I'm having a lot of problems connecting my aisair pro to my SW EQ8 mount, I can't get the hand control, go to appear on the interface, consequently I can't get beyond the first step in polar alignment.Iv'e tried direct connection to the mount bypassing syncan hand controller, and Iv'e tried connecting via syncan controller, still won't work. Can anyone help with this problem, any asiair pro owners with an EQ8, 😊
Old 28-11-2020, 02:50 PM
Zuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
G,day everyone, I'm having a lot of problems connecting my aisair pro to my SW EQ8 mount, I can't get the hand control, go to appear on the interface, consequently I can't get beyond the first step in polar alignment.Iv'e tried direct connection to the mount bypassing syncan hand controller, and Iv'e tried connecting via syncan controller, still won't work. Can anyone help with this problem, any asiair pro owners with an EQ8, ��
This may not help, but I have an AZEQ6-GT. I connect a SkyWatcher WIFI module to the mount and set it in client mode. Then when the ASIPro boots the WIFI module connects directly to the Pro and I have full control of the mount via the ASIAirPro tablet app.

Cheers
Paul
Old 28-11-2020, 03:12 PM
Neil

Thanks Paul, I'll check it out👍
Old 29-11-2020, 11:04 AM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Although I have the neq6 pro I just use an eqmod cable and bypass the handset completely when using the asiair pro, it saves you a heap of trouble, no need to do star align etc. Plug it in startit up and good to go after polar alignment
Old 29-11-2020, 06:13 PM
SB (Chris)

Hi Neil
I use a cable directly from AirPro to the mount. Set to the correct Baud rate and set the AirPro mount setting to EQMOD or EQMOD with SkySafari. The cable I use for my EQ6R is Lynx Astro FTDI EQDIR USB Adapter for Sky-Watcher Mounts:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/sky...q8-mounts.html

Chris
Old 30-11-2020, 01:03 AM
Zuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Hi Neil
I use a cable directly from AirPro to the mount. Set to the correct Baud rate and set the AirPro mount setting to EQMOD or EQMOD with SkySafari. The cable I use for my EQ6R is Lynx Astro FTDI EQDIR USB Adapter for Sky-Watcher Mounts:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/sky...q8-mounts.html

Chris
I used to connect the AZEQ6-GT firmware update cable and rs232/USB adaptor between ASIAirPro and the mount as well, never via the hand controller and that worked as well. The WIFI module lets me reduce the cable clutter and is a cleaner looking solution.