Old 08-07-2021, 04:50 PM
etill (Elliot)

NGC4945 Tweezers Galaxy

Not sure how this one came out. It was another test to see if I had the parracor spaced right yet. I think I might, but still have a bit of tilt acorss the sensor.

I got 19 x 300 sec on it before packing up, hadn't planned on imaging anything that night but these looked ok so I left things running for a little bit.

19x300 QHY10 @ -10c
Vixen R200SS F/4 & parracor

I also wanted to try out the new PixInsight features in this latest release so I used the new WBPP 2.1 preprocessing script, which is a very nice feature now if you use flats + flat darks instead of bias, made things much easier. Some gentle deconvolution, MMT noise reduction, then masked stretch, curves, etc.

I also got a copy of Affinity photo for the mac when they recently had it on sale for $38 - seems pretty nice and you can't really go wrong at that price. I may have gone overboard trying to adjust the color balance here, but its certainly a nice interface and fairly easy to use for a non-photographer. It also makes exporting a jpeg from higher res images that will be under 200kb much easier (although not sure I got that bit right either).
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (ngc4945.jpg)
193.0 KB52 views
Old 08-07-2021, 10:52 PM
PKay (Peter)

You have done very well Elliot.

The star colours are well defined and there is good detail in the galaxy.

I will give this one a go tonight.

Great effort
Old 09-07-2021, 03:06 PM
Baobab (Bohdan)

those star colours are amazing - whatever I do lately I am loosing those colors in processing or somewhere on the way
Old 09-07-2021, 03:22 PM
etill (Elliot)

Thanks, I think its the masked stretch in pix insight, since i started using that star colors have been pretty good. It doesn't quite stretch far enough generally and you have to finish it off yourself with the regular historam stretch.

Plus i should have mentioned, that's with an optolong L-Pro filter.