Old 17-07-2022, 01:38 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Lagoon fun

The RASA is waiting upon even more bits so I gave my lovely little 80mm a run with the ZWO2600 MONO..short exposures some zero gain some 400 gain to see what would work etc and put this together out of the scraps...rather happy that this small scope delivered what I took to be good detail..still there is something wrong with the lens ..just look at the colour

I was interested in getting detail but could not bring my self to convert either of these images to black and white...so...

Lots of problems with the EQ5 mount as 75% had lumps and bumps, lines and squiggles..it needs a major major fix unfortunately...and cold..ice on stuff!!!! I cant wait to see if the Asiair works from the van...

Last go before radiation treatment starting tomorrow so tonight will get one more go....but it will still be playing around...so will give the 115 mm a run to see what it needs so when I return I will have an up to date to do list..a few things will arrive while I am away so I will be very busy on my return.

alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (lagoon80mm.jpg)
211.9 KB118 views
Click for full-size image (lagooncrop.jpg)
213.0 KB100 views

Last edited by xelasnave; 17-07-2022 at 02:12 PM.
Old 17-07-2022, 11:19 PM
Dave882 (David)

Nice image Alex. All the best for the treatment and look forward to seeing you back at it asap!
Old 18-07-2022, 09:16 AM
AstroBogan (Jacob)
Jacob

Good stuff Alex!

All the best with the radiation. Can't wait until you get some more images to us!
Old 18-07-2022, 09:37 AM
AstroViking (Steve)

All the best with the treatment, Alex. Rest up, eat healthy and you'll be back here before you know it.

Cheers,
V
Old 18-07-2022, 11:09 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thank you gentlemen.

I have just moved into my holiday flat opposite the treatment facility.

Very nice.

This will be just so much fun ...I am just so lucky... and it has youtube on the TV to watch my lectures.

But as I will have so much time on my hands I may reprocess my last image after cutting down the data by half ..just to see the improvement..

I was going to get more red last night as I threw out all the red but I did not have enough energy and thought that perhaps resting for today sensible...but now no Red ..

I dont know how I shall pass the time..no grass to mow...no road to fix..no observatory with multiple projects..plus I pre cooked my meat and there is a micro wave here..

I suppose this is how most old people live and I recon when I get old I could be happy in a nice place like this... If it was water front I guess...

It all starts later today and I am looking forward to seeing my Doctor as she is not only very pretty but inteligent and great to talk with..one of those people that is nice to be with...things could not be better.

Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG20220718113200_resize_95.jpg)
192.1 KB45 views
Click for full-size image (IMG20220718113153_resize_5.jpg)
100.4 KB71 views
Click for full-size image (IMG20220718113149_resize_64.jpg)
111.1 KB54 views
Old 18-07-2022, 11:24 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Alex,
Hope all goes well and your back at Tabby imaging asap

Best always
Martin

Last edited by Startrek; 18-07-2022 at 11:49 AM.
Old 18-07-2022, 03:28 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Here's to a successful treatment mate all the best. Make sure you get some well deserved downtime and processing time in between sessions
Old 18-07-2022, 04:02 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thank you gentlemen..I have had my first treatment..only 15 minutes..nothing at all.

I have already reprocessed my data but did not save it so I will have to do it again

One of the nurses is very interested in astro photography ..well they are all taken with my humble shots..it is always a great talking point.

Looking forward to the weekend ...organised my treatment for first thing Friday so I will get home before lunch and late Monday to get some astro in hopefully.

Thanks again.
Alex
Old 19-07-2022, 02:01 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Here is my attempt to improve detail by selecting only the very best subs ... I dont know about the colour but I like this one. I cropped it heavily to show the detail...EDIT ADDITION...mmm this is an old one using the 115 mm and probably 4 times the subs...it is more detailed than I remembered it to be...

alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Reprocesscroped.jpg)
189.1 KB100 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_20210620_113055.jpg)
121.6 KB87 views

Last edited by xelasnave; 19-07-2022 at 02:14 PM.
Old 19-07-2022, 03:36 PM
LonelySpoon (Neville)

Have fun losing yourself in reprocessing, Alex, and I hope it all goes well for you.

Neville
LSO
Old 20-07-2022, 10:12 AM
gb44 (Glenn)

Hiyo Alex
Your the masked man!

I like the second Lagoon, it looks like a waterfall. Certainly more detail. How much are these cropped?

GlennB
Old 20-07-2022, 10:44 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelySpoon View Post
Have fun losing yourself in reprocessing, Alex, and I hope it all goes well for you.

Neville
LSO
Thank you for your kind wishes Neville and I hope all goes well for you.
Alex
Old 20-07-2022, 11:04 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb44 View Post
Hiyo Alex
Your the masked man!

I like the second Lagoon, it looks like a waterfall. Certainly more detail. How much are these cropped?

GlennB
Yes I am most fond of my mask having now worn it on three occasions and I cant wait to get it home where we can be together.

Thank you for your comments.

I am not sure exactly how much cropping was applied to each image but from memory I think the first was cropped by approximately a 78.743 % and the second an applied crop of approximately 81.3594 %..

My good news is I found the hospital cafeteria and already made friends with one of the cooks and she is just such a lovely girl... so looks like baked roasts for lunch everyday..I mean just how good can things get.. she broke the rules and sold me some milk which saves me going without..she goes on my flower list for sure.

AND saw the speech therapist again a very nice lady and so helpful.

Better still both my astro parcels are waiting for me at Tabby post office which I will pick up Friday as I get to go home over the weekend.. . although the weather may not allow me to do any imaging over the week end..

alex
Old 20-07-2022, 08:11 PM
AstroBogan (Jacob)
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Yes I am most fond of my mask having now worn it on three occasions and I cant wait to get it home where we can be together.

Thank you for your comments.

I am not sure exactly how much cropping was applied to each image but from memory I think the first was cropped by approximately a 78.743 % and the second an applied crop of approximately 81.3594 %..

My good news is I found the hospital cafeteria and already made friends with one of the cooks and she is just such a lovely girl... so looks like baked roasts for lunch everyday..I mean just how good can things get.. she broke the rules and sold me some milk which saves me going without..she goes on my flower list for sure.

AND saw the speech therapist again a very nice lady and so helpful.

Better still both my astro parcels are waiting for me at Tabby post office which I will pick up Friday as I get to go home over the weekend.. . although the weather may not allow me to do any imaging over the week end..

alex
It all seems like it's looking up for you, Alex! You honestly cannot beat a baked roast... especially in winter

Packages are also something very exciting to look forward to
Old 23-07-2022, 04:18 PM
Dilsh
Eq6r pro

Hey Alex,

All the best with the treatment. Look forward to seeing all your "spare time" images.

Kind regards,

Dilshan
Old 24-07-2022, 03:10 PM
Crater101 (Warren)
Mostly Harmless

Firstly, I can only congratulate you on the images. Nicely done indeed.

Secondly, all the very best with the treatments. I may use your example of getting looked after so well to try and encourage the wife to follow suit - some hopes!

All the best mate!
Old 26-07-2022, 08:03 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilsh View Post
Hey Alex,

All the best with the treatment. Look forward to seeing all your "spare time" images.

Kind regards,

Dilshan
Thanks ...I made a big effort Sunday night as I came home for the weekend ...I fought with cloud until midnight and am going thru the subs now...seem I may end up with 15 % and even they are not too good...however gives me something to play with now that I am back for week two.

Thanks again.

alex
Old 26-07-2022, 08:06 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crater101 View Post
Firstly, I can only congratulate you on the images. Nicely done indeed.

Secondly, all the very best with the treatments. I may use your example of getting looked after so well to try and encourage the wife to follow suit - some hopes!

All the best mate!
Thank you Warren.

I would encourage your wife to act earlier than later ... these things are so terrible it is easy for one to apply a blinker approach but that probably wont work. Good luck.

alex