Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23-12-2021, 04:28 PM
Paul Haese

STXL11002 and guiding filter wheel for spare parts

My STXL has inexplicably broken down and despite SBIG's best efforts they could not fix the camera. The fault lies inside the imaging chamber apparently, so it could be the actual sensor being dead or it could be that part of the imaging board.

With this in mind I am going to sell the camera and guiding filter wheel for spare parts to anyone who is looking for spares or the camera could potentially have a eye transplant through SBIG. Anyone who owns one of these cameras knows corrosion can form on the boards inside the cooling chamber which is exposed to the open air. My boards however have been conformal coated and do not have any corrosion on them, are still operational and in perfect working order. The boards are the main power and coms boards. The sensor board is inside the camera. This board or sensor are potentially at fault.

I also have two spare boards, one for power and one for coms. These do have corrosion and I think the power board is faulty. However the components on the board could be salvaged later by someone who is handy in electronics.

The integrated guiding filter wheel is in perfect working order and is sold separately. This wheel can be used in conjunction with an AOX. Filters are not included.

Cost of components as follows:

Camera $1500.00 (the new boards cost $2500 USD 3 years ago.)
Spare boards $200.00
Filter wheel $1500.00

If you take the whole lot, I'll sell for $2800.00

If you are interested please PM me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_7835.jpg)
98.1 KB47 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_7836.jpg)
98.6 KB30 views