Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Equipment Discussions

Old 20-03-2021, 08:53 AM
wjaincbr (Warwick)

ASIAIR Pro exposure failure using ZWO ASI120MM mini (solved - partial)

When using 120MM mini as my main camera I get exposure failure errors. Occurs randomly (sometimes many times in a row). On average about every 2nd exposure. Affects all functions in ASIAIR Pro – Preview, PA, focus, live, autorun, plate solve and goto.

Solution – take first preview exposure at 0.001 seconds. You can then select other exposure lengths without encountering exposure failure. ZWO are aware of the problem and hopefully will fix in future update for ASIAIR Pro software.

Credit to Sylvain at ProAstroz who has helped me isolate the problem.

So far ASIAIR Pro seems to be a great piece of kit. Doesn’t offer the same sophistication as laptop software, but is easy to set up, includes essential functions, mounts on telescope and operates via wifi minimising cables. Really good for polar alignment.
Old 20-03-2021, 09:55 AM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

The asi mini needs the latest firmware update this proble, has been all over the asi forums. As soon as you get the mini updated these issues should disappear.
go here and click on the FW update tab
Old 21-03-2021, 02:14 PM
wjaincbr (Warwick)

Thanks. I have done the firware update, but the exposure failure error still occurs. While I am waiting for my camera to arrive I have been using the 120MM mini as the main camera on my guidescope to do polar alignment and goto using the ASIAIR Pro. I have been doing visual on my main scope. The exposure failure error occurs when I use the 120MM mini as my main camera. But doing an initial shot at 0.001 seconds seems to alleviate the issue.