Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Old 28-12-2020, 02:05 PM
mura_gadi (Steve)
SpeakingB4Thinking

Nice work - so much potential

Hello,

I am very interested in the 3D/Scanner mainly due to having a dob goto base already. I rebuilt the particle board bit to plywood and would be very interested in duplicating the telescope hubs for other homemade telescopes. Thought I could then just take the motors to the newest build/latest craze and have a goto on my active scope.

My only concern is, do the electric engines scale up in the SW series? I'm happy to remake the dob mount for a 8" F9 newt, the hand-held controller would make a lot of sense chasing planets at that level. Also later a 12" version F6, but I'm not sure if the engines would still be happy at the larger size/weights. Additionally I would like to replace the plastic gears with an cast alloy.

Keep up the good work, others are finding lots of ideas for the 3D printer and the mechanical applications are only limited by the material loaded into the spool.

Steve
Have you tried any of the held hand scanners for the file creation?

Last edited by mura_gadi; 28-12-2020 at 02:17 PM. Reason: typo's and speeling
Old 03-01-2021, 11:01 AM
Astrofriend (Lars)

I collect more and more konwledge about 3D printing and I'm very impressed over the rsult. Much higher precision and it's strong too. Now I'm learning 3D CAD, I use the FreeCAD which I was recommended from a friend. Not very difficult, but it take a lot of hours even for a simple drawing.

I collect my drawings on this page and soon I can have them online for download if someone fiend them interesting.

http://www.astrofriend.eu/3d-printing/3dprinting.html

What can a 3D printer do in the future ?

/Lars
Old 24-01-2021, 08:05 AM
Astrofriend (Lars)

Now after some weeks of doing CAD drawings and used the 3D-printer I'm very satisfied. The drawings doesn't take days anymore to do and the 3D-printer wark as a charm. The last drawing I have made I also have uploades as STL files to be download if it's interesting:

http://www.astrofriend.eu/3d-printing/3dprinting.html

Beware, thay can have erros, but works with my AnyCube delta printer.

/Lars
Old 02-05-2021, 06:56 AM
Astrofriend (Lars)

Recently I by mistake bought ABS pro filament instead of the PLA filament I have used. No problem with that, ABS can be better for in some cases. But it caused me one problem, the ABS needs some higher temperature when printing, when I increased the temperature from 220 to 245 degree Celsius on the 3D-printer it didn't get very stable, about +/-5 degrees fluctuations. I investigated how to solved that. I needed to optimize the P.I.D. parameters.

Here is the details how I solved it, wasn't very difficult when you know how to do it:
http://www.astrofriend.eu/3d-printin...ter-setup.html

Now it's about +/- 1 degree Celsius. Tested in the range from 220 to 245 degree.

/Lars