Old 23-07-2020, 05:59 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

SHO plus RBG ?

I have some data from my first time or thereabouts when I started using my then newly acquired ZWO mono , of course I used all seven filters R, B, G, L, O11 and S11. I had no idea what to do so I stacked the lot together and coloured in the resulting final image using photo shop..to be clear to add colour to that image I layered it over various solid colour frames and using the rubber tool in photo shop let the colour in where I wanted to add colour...anything for a result thinking that when I knew more I would reprocess the data correctly..that time has almost come as I can now use the RBG feature in StarTools to combine L, Ha, O11 and S11.
So I am wondering can I add R or B or G to Ha, O11 or S11? I was thinking for example to stack B and O11 and use that result to put in the Blue box in the RBG feature in StarTools.. which seems reasonable..to me..however the Ha..should it go with green or red and same for S11 could I add red...I will probably go green and red and HA to get a final that I will put in the HA box and red and S11 to get a final for the S11 box...but I sure would like to know the correct thing to do if anyone would care to help...I probably will have stacked them by the time I get a reply but I can change to follow a correct procedure...I have read up on this but that was months ago and I don't recall a damn thing and can't find what I read in my bookmarks so any help will be appreciated...anyways I will keep going and see what comes.
Alex
Old 23-07-2020, 10:32 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Dont worry I am past advice satge.
alex
Old 23-07-2020, 12:04 PM
rustigsmed (Russell)

hi alex,

a short summary of common options;

- a lot of people will take RGB for their stars only and add them to a narrowband image for aesthetics (magenta stars bad).

- Other people might make a composite luminance layer out of their NB channels and blend over the RGB image - to create more detail - with the rgb providing the colour only.

- Or people may just use Ha as a luminance for RGB, or again others may replace their red channel with a Ha/Red blend.

plenty of options to play around with.

have fun with the new camera!

cheers

russ
Old 23-07-2020, 12:53 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

I play around with the settings on APP and I use a one shot colour with the Optolong l-Enhance which is a narrowband filter for osc The beauty of APP is it allows you to play and extract certain combinations
Old 24-07-2020, 06:57 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thank you gentlemen for your guidance I am grateful.
Alex
Old 26-07-2020, 11:53 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Say I have data in all channels and in an effort to pad out the data I add red to HA in the stack, green to O11, in the stack and blue to the Sulpher in the stack but then in LRGB use my constructed luminance, which has been in most cases luminance thru the filture, stacked with all the other channels, and that result I call my mega L...but from above after L for R would go the stack of S11 and blue , for green would be the stack of HA and red, and O11 and Green stack into the blue box at LRGB.

Well I will try it but any suggestions along that type of approach I would be happy to hear.
Alex
Old 26-07-2020, 04:34 PM
Sunfish (Ray)

Hi Alex. I have aligned all the images and stacked separate R G B Ha O and once or twice S . Separately . Then combined Ha with The R Stack, the O with the Blue Stack and the S with the Green Stack or simply use the O in both blue and green if that is all you have.

Combine all into an RGB combine and then combine that again as L in an LRGB with the RGB HRBOGS as L and the HR as R , BO as B and GS as G. The point for me is to stop the stars getting fat and eliminating the need for L .

If you download a sample copy of Astro Pixel Processor there are standard auto routines for combination of any flavour mix at the completion. I like the RGBHOO , but there are many recipes which you can then finetune and recalculate from if you have the individual stacks.. It is pretty well explained , quite fast and very clear . Don’t need to read any manual really and you can also align and stack in there but that takes a little longer.