Old 29-09-2021, 04:24 PM
Stephane

USB2EQ6 cable

Hi all,

If a buy a EQ6-R pro mount, will I also need to buy a cable to connect to my laptop? Does such a cable come with the mount? If I do need to buy one, are “off-the-shelf” ones at Bunnings okay, or does it need to be a dedicated USB2EQ6 cable from an astronomy shop?

Cheers,
Stéphane
Old 29-09-2021, 04:43 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephane View Post
Hi all,

If a buy a EQ6-R pro mount, will I also need to buy a cable to connect to my laptop? Does such a cable come with the mount? If I do need to buy one, are “off-the-shelf” ones at Bunnings okay, or does it need to be a dedicated USB2EQ6 cable from an astronomy shop?

Cheers,
Stéphane
Here’s the procedure to cable connect to an EQ6-R mount ( or any Skywatcher EQ mount ) and run EQMOD and Stellarium to navigate across the night sky

NB: EQ6-R came in 2 models ( I have both old and new ) old ones only have the handcontroller RJ45 port to connect your cable and the newer ones have an additional USB B port to connect your cable to

Any queries please advise

I’ll also send procedures for setting up the tripod and mount plus finding true south

I put these procedures together a while back and have posted to many other IIS members as well
Always glad to help
Just to advise , my methods are not the “only way” to set up your rig , but they do work and work well

More to follow....on another post

Cheers
Martin
Old 29-09-2021, 04:50 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Here’s the procedure to cable connect to an EQ6-R mount ( or any Skywatcher EQ mount ) and run EQMOD and Stellarium to navigate across the night sky

NB: EQ6-R came in 2 models ( I have both old and new ) old ones only have the handcontroller RJ45 port to connect your cable and the newer ones have an additional USB B port to connect your cable to

Any queries please advise

I’ll also send procedures for setting up the tripod and mount plus finding true south

I put these procedures together a while back and have posted to many other IIS members as well
Always glad to help
Just to advise , my methods are not the “only way” to set up your rig , but they do work and work well

More to follow....on this post

Cheers
Martin
Stephane

Here’s some more procedures....

Martin
Old 29-09-2021, 04:56 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Stephane

Here’s some more procedures....

Martin
And finally a few more .....

Cheers
Martin
Old 29-09-2021, 05:02 PM
Stephane

Quote:
And finally a few more .....

Cheers
Martin
Wow Martin, I think I have a little reading to do! Thank you so much, that will be mightily helpful. I downloaded Stellarium and am impressed with the plugins. Can’t wait to see what it can do.