Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 31-05-2015, 08:35 AM
codemonkey (Lee)
Lee "Wormsy" Borsboom

Saxon ED100

Bought this scope to pair with a particular camera, but then ended up getting a different camera so I'm thinking I'll let this one go.

Just over a month old, still under warranty. I may have used it once while setting up PEC on my new mount.

Comes with finderscope, diagonal, 10mm & 25mm eyepieces, tube rings and stock single-speed focuser.

It has a couple of minor cosmetic blemishes which I'll document with photos shortly.

Can include a GSO linear bearing focuser (cost me $345 to land) for an additional cost. Focuser has a steel rail to prevent image shift while locking and can apparently handle up to 4.1kg... again, never really been used.

Asking $750 including shipping to anywhere on the east coast of Australia.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (ed100_6.jpg)
48.5 KB44 views
Click for full-size image (ed100_5.jpg)
49.3 KB36 views
Click for full-size image (ed100_4.jpg)
55.4 KB40 views
Click for full-size image (ed100_3.jpg)
60.2 KB49 views
Click for full-size image (ed100_2.jpg)
77.6 KB50 views
Click for full-size image (ed100_1.jpg)
111.5 KB63 views

Last edited by codemonkey; 31-05-2015 at 08:10 PM.
Old 31-05-2015, 04:05 PM
codemonkey (Lee)
Lee "Wormsy" Borsboom

Pics added.

1st photo show lens, not even a spec of dust on it.

2nd photo shows a couple of small marks on the OTA from the screws I've used to fix the other telescope riding piggyback. There's a couple of sets of these.

3rd photo shows stripped screw. Had a hell of a time getting 2/3 screws off when swapping the focuser, so 2/3 of them ended up stripped and then I altered them so that I could tighten them back up again. Easily replaced, of course.

4th photo shows minor blemish on OTA that occurred when trying to swap the focuser.

5th photo shows aftermarket GSO focuser, which I can include in the sale for an additional, negotiable cost.

6th photo shows scope on mount (not for sale) with another refractor riding piggyback (also not for sale).