Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 20-05-2020, 10:09 AM
srmnm (Will)

Celestron NexStar 8i Telescope Bundle $2100

The Celestron NexStar 8i Optical Tube Assembly (OTA) is an 8" Schmidt Cassegrain and includes a Alt-Az mount tripod with automatic 'Go-To' functionality. The tube, glass and mirrors are in superb condition.

The extras included with this bundle are as follows:

StarSense Camera with OTA attachments and StarSense Hand Controller (see pictures) allowing you to align the telescope very fast by just adding your location, date and time. StarSense does the rest! I.e. Put in the object you want to view and the mount with slew to that object. In original box.

RedDot Finder scope to show you where the OTA is pointing at any time. Simple and effective.

SVBony205 Lunar and Planetary Camera with Moon Filter. This is an entry level camera which fits into the eyepiece so you can take pictures of whatever you're pointing at.

Canon Camera attachment Celestron Barlow T-adapter will allow you to connect a Canon camera to the OTA and use the telescope as your lens.

Celestron 1.25" 25mm Eyepiece - Excellent wide-field eyepiece for visual astronomy. With the power on this eyepiece you will be able to see Jupiter and Saturn (including rings) clearly on a clear night.

Also included is a 12V power cable (very long) for the mount, the cable to connect the StarSense to the mount and a cable to connect the SVBony camera.

I had this out for some viewing last night (20th May) for 2 hours while I had some clear skies and had an excellent align. Piggybacked my Canon 6D for some 30s exposures on Rho Ophiuchi/Antares. Glass and mirrors in great condition. Have noticed the tripod toe misplaced, will have a dig, simple workaround.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Pickup only. Happy to work with you on convenient location to meet as i'm Sunshine Coast based.
Cash only.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_7583LR.jpg)
180.2 KB132 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_7578LR.jpg)
173.0 KB117 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_7585LR.jpg)
174.6 KB113 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_7593LR.jpg)
187.7 KB109 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_7576LR.jpg)
187.9 KB118 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_7591LR2.jpg)
191.4 KB106 views

Last edited by srmnm; 31-05-2020 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Price Reduction
Old 24-05-2020, 10:40 AM
srmnm (Will)

Price reduced to $2100

Price reduced to $2100