Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2021, 10:56 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Overboard with the outboard?

Is it just me or does this seem over the top.
https://www.facebook.com/PiazzarMark...0546276301855/
Alex
Old 01-07-2021, 11:02 AM
mura_gadi (Steve)
SpeakingB4Thinking

because buying a few hummi's didn't seem quick enough...

At least you could scare the fish to one end of the lake...
Old 01-07-2021, 11:07 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura_gadi View Post

At least you could scare the fish to one end of the lake...
I reckon there's no fish left in the path of that thing. Only chum bucket paste.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:15 AM
RB (Andrew)

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
I reckon there's no fish left in the path of that thing. Only chum bucket paste.
Well, Brody did say, "You're gonna need a bigger boat."

Old 01-07-2021, 11:23 AM
DarkArts

It's not just you, Alex. Maybe I'm getting too old, but I see that and think, "You #&*%^# tosser!" Looks more like an ultimate w*nking boat.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:49 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

This sort of waste is what gets me about the global warming folk...never ever do you hear them call for something to be done about nonsense like this or tractor pulling, or drag racing etc etc its just lets shut down the fossil fuel industry...My thoughts have always been along the lines that if we only addressed the sheer waste of fuel, the waste of energy that goes in building w16 luxury cars etc, or stoped racing and save the energy in producing multiple tyres for each days racing...you can make a list..the saving of energy must be considerable...then maybe we could easily reach the reductions they all scream for...like just look at the average house ...all lights on and garden lights as well...imagine the energy saving and hence carbon foot print reduction...but no mention and for me that destroys the credibility of the movement...

Anyways please no one jump on where that rant was going...I just posted the video so folk could appreciate the fine engineering and boat craft....I imagine you would need a decent income to afford one of those boats..probably be doing overtime a lot mmm no no no a different class of folk I expect...imagine just the fuel bill...still think of the time saving in getting to your fishing spot...your extra time fishing priceless.
Alex
Old 01-07-2021, 12:43 PM
N1 (Mirko)

The Soviets used that approach in rocket engines, and got to MUCH greater speeds
Alex, the impact of tractor pulling on anything is negligible. A silly few operating some dumb contraption with the vast majority just watching it on video (as opposed to running one themselves) is pretty carbon efficient in my book.
Old 01-07-2021, 01:00 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1 View Post
The Soviets used that approach in rocket engines, and got to MUCH greater speeds
Alex, the impact of tractor pulling on anything is negligible. A silly few operating some dumb contraption with the vast majority just watching it on video (as opposed to running one themselves) is pretty carbon efficient in my book.
Yes I was thinking about this and perhaps the approach is not so silly to achieve the high horse power...but I dont know one would need to compare an onboard etc.

I know tractor pulling counts for little but it does count..in most things savings are accumulated by many small attentions...its not just the fuel but the cost..cost equates to energy in that the components of any item gets there from converting raw material which takes energy and energy burns coal or gas ...even wind turbines and solar panel have a carbon foot print..anyways if I dont like it then it should be banned ..thats reasonable...just imagine how perfect the world would be if everything was done my way
Alex
Old 01-07-2021, 03:10 PM
leon

Gees, why not just put an inboard motor in it, it looks a bit stupid to me.

Leon