Old 08-05-2022, 01:12 PM
drylander (Peter)

Alex???

Any news on Alex? been missing a while now. Is on an enforced sabbatical again?
Pete
Old 08-05-2022, 01:23 PM
glend (Glen)

He is around, and just posted today.
Old 09-05-2022, 07:13 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hi Peter
I am sorry I did not notice your post yesterday otherwise I would have said something then but I can tell you that I am very active and doing lots of astrostuff not withstanding the non astro weather..I posted in a few places here recently most notably in the projects section where I outlined various astronomy things I have been working on...it is easy to not notice that I am around because I am a rather shy type of person and don't have much to say I guess.

I hope you are well ... and I assure you that I am well, relatively speaking, and have nothing to complain about but could if encouraged go on about the many wonderful things that I am priveledged to enjoy every day.

Happily I am still experiencing wonderful good luck..like my rain water tank lost all its water but with all this rain I was able to put out a few containers and gather enough water for at least a week which means I really don't have to address my water supply issues for a while so that problem will not interfere with my various astronomy projects...and my latest a wonderful addition it is....last night I attached my big binos to a compactable pole I had rescued from the trailer destined for the tip ..a single legged tripod you could say that relieves the weight of the binos from my arms which sadly are some what wanting as I have really not been able to follow my intense work out exercises for over 12 months, but sadly the overcast sky left me playing with the set up inside such that I have not been able to use this wonderful innovation in the field ( that is short hand for "outside").
At the moment I am wondering how to be most productive today such that I can achieve some minor step forward and utilize the many wonderful resources at my disposal....

Alex
Old 09-05-2022, 07:34 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I cant leave you wondering so here is a photo..there is still work for to do...the end must be rounded and of course the pole must be painted..black...the pole extends to fit your sitting or standing position.
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_20220509_073022_resize_32.jpg)
67.0 KB71 views
Old 09-05-2022, 02:10 PM
drylander (Peter)

Good to hear old fella. Keep on keeping on.
Pete

Last edited by drylander; 10-05-2022 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-05-2022, 07:12 PM
taminga16 (Greg)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
I cant leave you wondering so here is a photo..there is still work for to do...the end must be rounded and of course the pole must be painted..black...the pole extends to fit your sitting or standing position.
Alex
Alex, I did something like this a few years ago, albeit for a different application but I did fill the tube with sand, you will understand why. Greg.