Old 14-07-2021, 01:40 PM
Constant (David)

Sigma 14mm F1.8 DG

The first sound to be heard after using my new Sigma 14mm (Nikon D7200) for the first time, was the sound of my jaw hitting the floor. I'm vision impaired and it's taken many attempts to find a lens that "fits" my visual impairment, the Sigma 14mm is just that lens.
The lens has provided me with the confidence to image. At 14mm it makes for great Milky Way shots, though, I'm still reeling from how it hands terrestrial shots. "In the hand" the Sigma 14mm matched as it is with the D7200 feels perfectly balanced.
Never before have I felt the inclination to wax lyrical about a lens, the Sigma 14mm changed that, it's worth talking about. Let's hope the clouds clear and some wide views of the night sky become available.
Old 14-07-2021, 01:59 PM
AdamJL

I bought mine (Canon mount) 2 years ago I think. Maybe 3.
I've used it a grand total of 0 times in the field.

The test shots I've taken with it are indeed sublime. This thing is built like a tank as well. Awesome field of view and distortion is in line with what's expected for 14mm but no real issues outside of that.

Longing for lockdown to end as I had plans to finally use it this winter.