Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Deep Space
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13-11-2021, 12:07 AM
Mickoid (Michael)

A couple of quickies

With the weather being so lousy here in Melbourne there are few opportunities to gather decent amounts of data. While waiting for NGC 1356 to clear the gumtrees I shot NGC 253 which sat in an open area above me. With work the following day, I planned to be packed up by 12.00am. DST doesn't help me much here, as twilight ends about 9.30pm. Thought I'd give the 8 inch f5 Newt a go on these. No guiding, no Coma Corrector, no LP filters and just 33 minutes on each target from B6 skies. Modded Canon 550d, 1600 iso. I'll come back to NGC 1365 and collect more data as this galaxy needs heaps more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Ngc1365_33mins.jpg)
199.8 KB67 views
Click for full-size image (Ngc253_33mins.jpg)
198.2 KB56 views
Old 13-11-2021, 08:49 AM
Anth10 (Anthony M)
When its late stay awake

No doubt Mick there is detail evident in both captures. I particularly like NGC 253, very neat. Weather wise however, I think we will be waiting for a while to get a clear run at it and the summer has high rain events forecast for the season as well-
Not to bother- keep taking your opportunities- still good to see such images from our mere backyard sky.
Good on ya mate.
A