Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > Observational and Visual Astronomy > Observation Reports
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26-06-2022, 07:15 PM
Crater101 (Warren)
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpickCrom View Post
Bob and Dennis, outstanding photos!

I'll second that. Very well done indeed. I've had nothing but clouds in the evenings and fog in the mornings. For a week!
Old 08-07-2022, 10:50 AM
EpickCrom (Joe)
Epick Crom

After a cloudy night, I was up early this morning and greeted by clear skies ( and freezing temperatures!)

Got my solar system viewing in, Saturn's ring tilt has certainly narrowed since last year. Subtle cloud bands and three of its moons visible. Lovely sight. Jupiter looked amazing, both equatorial belts visible. Mars is showing a gibbous phase and slowly increasing in size. My scope wasn't fully cooled but still nice to get a look at the planets. Clear skies to all!
Old 04-08-2022, 09:20 AM
Tropo-Bob (Bob)

Saturn, Jupiter, Mars and Venus are stretched across the entire predawn skies, but not for much longer.

I viewed them with my Tak FC100 this morning.

Saturn is now becoming low in the West and is about to disappear from the morning skiers. Nevertheless, it looked impressive, which just shows how much better it is near Opposition.

Jupiter has become more luminous, as it also nears Opposition. I spotted the shadow of one of its moons.

Mars has also become bigger and brighter, but still has a way to go before becoming really speculator.

Venus is fading, although it is still the brightest. It rises in the pink of the predawn skies and will soon be lost to accompany the Sun for a while.
Old 04-08-2022, 11:55 AM
Tinderboxsky (Steve)
I can see clearly now ...

Great report, Bob. Clouds are spoiling my early morning views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropo-Bob View Post
Saturn, Jupiter, Mars and Venus are stretched across the entire predawn skies, but not for much longer.

I viewed them with my Tak FC100 this morning.

Saturn is now becoming low in the West and is about to disappear from the morning skiers. Nevertheless, it looked impressive, which just shows how much better it is near Opposition.

Jupiter has become more luminous, as it also nears Opposition. I spotted the shadow of one of its moons.

Mars has also become bigger and brighter, but still has a way to go before becoming really speculator.

Venus is fading, although it is still the brightest. It rises in the pink of the predawn skies and will soon be lost to accompany the Sun for a while.