Old 11-09-2014, 06:10 AM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Gutted...

A major problem has come up with my new QSI wsg8. There is now a steady orange light on the camera status indicator on powerup.

The camera appeared to be working fine when I last tried using it, (although I couldn't be sure as with the spacer issue there was no way to tell if it was in focus), but it made beep noises and got a green light and connected to Nebulosity ok.

However, there is now a steady orange light on the camera status indicator on powerup. The filter wheel rotates to position 1 but there are no beeps. Nebulosity crashes every time as well now.
(I use a mac.)

The only thing I can think of that I might have changed is that I manually moved the FW with my finger to look at a filter. The camera was off and unpowered at the time.

QSI support have advised that the camera has to go back to the factory in the USA for warranty repair that's likely to take at least a month incl. shipping...(sigh)

Not having much luck with my new toy yet

Thanks
Andy
Old 11-09-2014, 07:45 AM
RickS (Rick)
PI cult recruiter

That's a shame, Andy. I had to send back a camera to have the sensor replaced. It was a PITA but it's all good now...
Old 11-09-2014, 09:23 AM
Paul Haese

This would be a rarity from QSI, but they will make it right for you. Did you buy it from a local retailer? If so send it back to them and they will handle the problem from there. If not then see if you can get an order from their shipper to have it returned via pick up from you. ie TNT or FedEx pick up from you and send it to them. That way shipping is not an issue.

Moving the filter wheel will not hurt the camera.