Old 04-12-2021, 06:38 PM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Final equipment addings

Hi all,

We are by the end of this year, and i enjoyed the last years into astro regarding all issues and breaks i was going through, but i never give up and it helped me to keep going, and i am almost putting some final touches to my gear so i can be ready next years as much as i can.

A. I had issues with guiding in the past, didn't know why, but i finally figured out why, very shame that i wasted like 2 years without solving the guiding issue only just recently, so this require me a question now as long i solved the guiding issue and also asking again what is the solution if i need to.

1. What guiding scope you can recommend me to get beside the one i already have which QHY mini guide scope? I have ZWO 60 one but i don't like it at all, and the weight of ST80 for now isn't a good choice, i will have two separate dual imaging system, i might use this mini guide scope with the lightweight or with the heavy, which means i need another one, but not QHY mini guide scope again, OAG is included but i don't know if it is a good idea with small to medium scopes sizes anyway.

B. Plate Solving now became like a necessary for my imaging, sounds i am wasting some time nowadays only to do stars alignment every time before imaging, and sometimes it just take longer time than it should be, and also i fail in meridian flipping, not sure how can i do imaging smooth and good enough without solving those two.

2. What is a good plate solving software to use? I am using SGPro for now, not sure when i will move to NINA but maybe sooner than later, so i don't know if there is like a stand alone for that or use the integrated one, your advice. Also with meridian flipping, is there a better way to do it without issues like the frame is shifted or focus being lost or maybe cable disconnect for a device by accident?

C. As long i am increasing my equipment i need to make it like complete, so now i am having many different scopes i am thinking about buying many autofocuser or motors to match them, and i want to match few of them with color, i have one already, so will think about more.

3. What autofocuser rather than ZWO EAF i can buy that has either blue color or black? I have Pegasus one for my 90 triplet, i want to buy same or another one if blue for my small 60mm one that has blue touch, people don't care about it, yes, but i prefer to be in sync with colors, i have FRA400 so EAF will be the one, also the second 60mm it will be red so another EAF i will choose, i just don't want to have ALL my scopes only with EAF and only with Pegasus, refractors are almost done of choices with colors, while my Newt i don't know, one has blue and the other is just black and white, i am not in rush to buy motors all now, but i will have time to add them to my order list and buy them one by one, i might buy two EAF for two red lines scopes, the rest i can wait.

D. In future i might or might not get a full frame sensor for astro, but if that is in my mind and plan i want to know about how good to go with it if many keep saying that sometimes it is more issues than it is helpful, for example matching scopes, but i see some people buying it regardless what they are using it with or for what, so i don't want to keep myself away from this option or avoid it forever.

4. If i plan to get a full frame, should i go with mono or OSC? And if i go with mono for any reason, should i make sure that i only buy 2" size filters for my smaller sensors now so i just be ready if i upgrade? I have APS-C both mono and color, i don't know if 36mm is enough for this sensor size, i just try to add some 2" filters for it in case i go larger in sensor, and for color cameras it is easier and more affordable to have 2" than mono filters, i bought UV/IR cut at 2" for my OSC, i also bought Ha 3nm 2", now i am thinking about dual band filter and SII filter [OIII i will stay with small sensor only as i have Chroma OIII 3nm 1.25" or getting it from the dual band filter], should i get SII 3nm as 36mm or as 2"? At the end i won't use a full frame with full set all filters anyway, the full frame if OSC will be used with Lum or dual band filters only, if mono then only Ha and/or Lum for details.

For now those above are my main plan to finish this year or soon except the last point, just the SII filter i can make it soon if i know the choice, or wait to see some new items coming for filters then i can decide, i can't wait to put my gear into use as soon as possible, i used my new scope by 1st-2nd date one night for narrowbanding target, and i made sure to use all filters that night, i got data, but they are not good or not enough for 1 night, but that gave me a hope that once i add another camera to get busy with a filter then i can have enough data per night, and i can make an extra night only to finer the details more, rather than using 1 setup which it was a headache after all, i hated imaging with 1 setup no matter how good i make everything, i was lucky to get data of three NB filters, but i know it isn't good enough, and soon i will process the data and post elsewhere to see the quality of scope optic maybe, stars are bad because no dedicated flattener/reducer and no correct back focus.

Sorry for typing this, but i am really getting to finish this small setup very soon, so only left serious bigger setup in future such as a better mount and larger aperture scope for visual or even larger scope for smaller distant targets, but that is for future plan, for my current mount i can use it for small setup either dual or triple, will see how can i put it all together.

Thank you,
Tareq
Old 04-12-2021, 08:22 PM
AdamJL

Tareq buddy. I’m going to say this and say it with all due respect. I’ve seen you around on various forums since about 2005. You’ve got every bit of gear under the sun for photography or Astro. Your sig list at CloudyNights is basically a shop in itself.

Can I just suggest you take a step back and learn to use what you’ve got now? Obviously I’m not (and can’t/shouldn’t) tell you how to spend your own money. But don’t chase the gear. Learn on a simple setup first. Master it. Then grow your gear.

I’ve always read your posts across multiple forums and you jump two feet into the hobbies which is great. Just take a step back and try and work with what you’ve got not. Don’t worry about what’s next until you nail the stuff you have already.

Just my $0.02
Old 04-12-2021, 09:23 PM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJL View Post
Tareq buddy. I’m going to say this and say it with all due respect. I’ve seen you around on various forums since about 2005. You’ve got every bit of gear under the sun for photography or Astro. Your sig list at CloudyNights is basically a shop in itself.

Can I just suggest you take a step back and learn to use what you’ve got now? Obviously I’m not (and can’t/shouldn’t) tell you how to spend your own money. But don’t chase the gear. Learn on a simple setup first. Master it. Then grow your gear.

I’ve always read your posts across multiple forums and you jump two feet into the hobbies which is great. Just take a step back and try and work with what you’ve got not. Don’t worry about what’s next until you nail the stuff you have already.

Just my $0.02
Hi Adam.

Since 2005 i was in photography, and i did ask a lot that time, and bought many gear until i am done and no more, and i am happy, but i stopped photography since a while, i only use photography for say shooting my gear packaging and unboxing, so the photography is aside topic i don't want to bring it into discussion for now.

About astrophotography, stepping back isn't in my dictionary, and i think one year is enough for me, i don't care if others spent 10 years stepping back, i won't do that, i already started in 2017, so it is already 4 years now, and with the previous years i came to this questions and gear topic, it will not end just very soon or by stepping back, i already went out with my current gear and found out that it lacks a lot, otherwise why will i ask those questions.

Mastering will be with either high end gear which i don't have, or with multiple gear that i am working on for now, didn't i mention clearly that i hate to work out imaging with one setup? And while i was relaxing or taking break since last year i decided that i will put two years, 2020 and 2021 for shopping, i have time to return back to imaging for sure, so before i get back into imaging i will try to take the opportunity and finish most of my gear as i can, and i liked the wde field, and i got some of my items or gear at very nice discount or offers prices, so that opened more opportunity for me to add more, if i was only having two cameras i might only stop with 2-3 scopes, but now i have 5 cameras, don't ask me why or how, got it and i don't want to keep 1 or 2 away only because i have newer and better ones now.

I understand people point about not focusing about gear now and just do imaging, actually doing imaging didn't make me any happier with setup i have, and while i keep increasing i felt more exciting, i have results but i didn't post, because that is something personal and i will work on that, i am not lacking results at all, but i am lacking to have right setup to keep me going, maybe you think what i have already is more than enough, i don't see it that way, i swear i saw people very skilled in astro they have doubles what i have, i don't care how long it takes them, at the end they have a lot, so i only look at final gear, and i will have time as i said with the gear i have and the one i will buy, i have budget now to burn quickly before i stop buying and slowing down, so i am trying hard this year with last year to buy as much as i can, many gear went discontinued or very late shipping or changing prices and whatever, so i won't make the mistake of waiting years to buy them if i can buy something now, and i am not worry about them for use, that is why i ask so i get the best recommendations of what i can buy so i don't regret or won't look back.

Sorry for long reply, but i think telling me to stop and step back will not stop me maybe from asking anyway, and going out to imaging will not change things i did last years except i have more knowledge or experience now which forcing me to add more while i can now rather than later.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:00 PM
AdamJL

Fair enough, Tareq. Good luck mate, hope you find what you want
Old 05-12-2021, 06:46 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJL View Post
Fair enough, Tareq. Good luck mate, hope you find what you want
I hope so, thank you very much