Old 16-06-2020, 09:15 AM
marc4darkskies (Marcus)
Billions and Billions ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
...it's still not what I am talking about though
Aaaaargh! I tried my best!

That probably means it's a combination of processing steps and should not be characterised as only decon or wavelet.

Maybe next time you want to critique an image using the term "worm", you should show the author (and the rest of us poor sods) what you're talking about with a small crop of the feature that bugs you? That's a perfectly acceptable thing to do if done in a respectful and constructive way. That would help all of us to understand and provide valuable advice on how to avoid them.

Cheers, Marcus
Old 16-06-2020, 10:51 AM
codemonkey (Lee)
Lee "Wormsy" Borsboom

Quote:
well... I couldn't bring myself to use another persons image and say.. do a roll over or anything, just to try and prove a point ...you can post it if you like though ... but I'm not gunna do it man ...besides the effect is pretty muted in the odd image of yours when I maaaay have mentioned something I have seen muuuuch worse, where the image has been clearly interpreted as high res by a few viewers/commenters

Mike
I realise my post might have come across as pissy... I was just stirring the pot because you're notoriously sensitive to them and I'm notorious for delivering images with them.
Old 16-06-2020, 11:28 AM
alpal

Quote:
well... I couldn't bring myself to use another persons image and say.. do a roll over or anything, just to try and prove a point ...you can post it if you like though ... but I'm not gunna do it man ...besides the effect is pretty muted in the odd image of yours when I maaaay have mentioned something I have seen muuuuch worse, where the image has been clearly interpreted as high res by a few viewers/commenters

Mike

I agree Mike,
I know exactly what you refer to but I also would not be so rude
as to take a crop out of someone's picture and use
arrows to point to the sharpening worms.

Again - it would be nice if you could find a way to show some of your
own data in a small crop and then show such an artifact by creating it yourself in another modified pic
with whatever means you can such as deconvolution etc.

cheers
Allan
Old 16-06-2020, 11:59 AM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey View Post
I realise my post might have come across as pissy... I was just stirring the pot because you're notoriously sensitive to them and I'm notorious for delivering images with them.
He he yeah, I picked up your tongue in cheek post, it was funny and I was confident you would take my light hearted response the right way ...oh and your images are always most excellent...eeeeven when there is the odd hint of worms having slid through ...you may occasionally run the worm gauntlet, shall we say but overall the result is usually most excellent anyway

Mike