Old 13-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Maplesyrup (Josh)

Moving Object

Ok I dont want to sound weird but... on the 13/12/09 ~9:55 pm AEST, Wingham NSW Australia my entire family saw 3 faint "star like objects" moving in a triangle about 10 cm apart (from my view) moving slowly across the sky until they all reached the same point where they faded out. Another small object followed to that same point shortly after. This all occurred in approx 1-2min. Is there any satellites that exhibit this kind of movement, They moved slowly(slower than a meteor or a satellite that I usually recognize, enough time to call my mum and dad to have a look), but still moved with considerable pace. Whats your opinion?
thnx
Old 13-12-2009, 09:21 PM
JethroB76 (Jeff)

Groups of 2-3 satellites are up there; the ones I've seen have been in a "L" shaped formation.

There may be others but some are known as NOSS satellites.
http://www.satobs.org/noss.html

There have been several threads on here, one recently too but I cant find it at the moment.
Old 14-12-2009, 09:42 AM
ngcles
The Observologist

No, not E.T

Hi Josh,

Yep, I saw them too as did a few others I was observing with -- a very interesting sight.

Three satellites in a group -- two side-by-side and one trailing a little behind. Very interesting but they are just plain ol' satellites -- nothing to be concerned over.

I used to know the names of these satellite "clusters" but I just can't remember at the moment.

Saw a few Geminids later in the night too ...

Best,

Les D