Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions

Old 11-06-2020, 03:19 PM
Paul Haese

Hi Greg,

the mount slews to home, homes and then if I slew further east I get an alarm which prohibits any further slewing. After that the motor will not initialize unless I physically move the mount. We think it is the motor which has an intermittent fault and that has caused the problem. So, first up we will try to replace the motor and if that does not work then it will be the main board. Both are costly items but I don't want to pay for both and only need the motor. The motor is $500 USD and the board is $950 USD. Each attracting GST too. With the way the exchange rate is at present I am loath to spend too much, but I need the mount fixed.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:28 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
Hi Greg,

the mount slews to home, homes and then if I slew further east I get an alarm which prohibits any further slewing. After that the motor will not initialize unless I physically move the mount. We think it is the motor which has an intermittent fault and that has caused the problem. So, first up we will try to replace the motor and if that does not work then it will be the main board. Both are costly items but I don't want to pay for both and only need the motor. The motor is $500 USD and the board is $950 USD. Each attracting GST too. With the way the exchange rate is at present I am loath to spend too much, but I need the mount fixed.
When I had a PMX I had trouble with the limits system of Sky X. It would
boot each time with the limits very close together and I would have to reset it every time. I don't have this issue with the PME.

But the physical alarm going off sounds like it thinks the mount has crashed into something.

But check if those limits in Sky X are too close together. The have a purple zone and a red one at the zenith on the map.

It may not have anything to do with it but its worth checking.