Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15-07-2021, 12:47 PM
OneCosmos (Chris)

Just as an update my refund arrived in my bank account today but I have still NOT had a reply to my support case. StarAid have completely disappeared afaik.
Old 20-10-2021, 10:37 PM
beren

New update for StarAid and news

Quote:

Dear Stuart,
There is a new software update available for StarAid Revolution.

Sky Recognition
This release of StarAid Revolution will bring a greatly improved sky recognition experience. This also improves object/comet guiding and Polar Alignment. Previous versions of the software solved a single image with a pre-determined exposure time. This tended to work well under relatively dark skies but was more problematic in twilight or light polluted conditions.

Now Sky Recognition first performs an auto-exposure and stores the result for faster runs next time. Next, it will grab multiple frames, aligns them, and stacks them together. After filtering, the stars are located and recognized. This way, Sky Recognition will work well from even the most light polluted locations - or even show you the location when the stars are just coming out in the twilight.

... and for the developers out there:
For the first time we're starting to publish the API to control StarAid. Developers are encouraged to integrate StarAid directly into their workflow and this enables future integration in popular workflow software. This will also bring dithering functionality to RevA users as soon as their favorite capture tool brings support for StarAid.

A word on support. After a period of inactivity support requests can be send to the support center or directly via email. We strive to reply within 24 hours unless otherwise indicated on the website/support site.
Please do not reply to this email as it won’t reach us. Should you have questions, check our FAQ page or email us at support@staraid.ai or via the StarAid Support Centre.

Clear skies,
Your StarAid Revolution team

Old 21-10-2021, 05:07 PM
beren

And more ……

Quote:
Dear Stuart,

In the past 3 months the StarAid Company has had a difficult transition period. We've gone through a reorganization and have been trying to stay on top of a very challenging supply chain situation.

As a result of this, you have had no or limited response while reaching out to us. This is not an excuse, and it will not happen again. I personally apologize to each and everyone of you who have been affected by this silence.

We will get back to you within 24 hours if you have raised pending support tickets in this period - and for urgent matters please contact us directly at info@staraid.ai

StarAid Revolution will continue to evolve and expand with new features. We are committed to help you. You can expect to receive regular updates. Here's a heads-up of what to expect:

An on-boarding wizard to guide you through basic operations, on-board help and manuals
3rd party Software Integration into your favorite capture tools and workflows, and allow for dithering on all revisions
Sky-Recognition assisted Push-to to locate those faint-fuzzies in your Scope or DSLR (even on tripods!)
Simple mount diagnostics - to find out how well your mount is doing and to diagnose (potential) issues with it
A new small splitter with a direct 12V input instead of a USB power pack input.
PC software that will make off-axis guiding unnecessary in most cases.
Best regards, and clear Skies,
Hendrik Beijeman, founder
Old 21-10-2021, 06:04 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beren View Post
And more ……
Thanks Stuart, this did look to be an interesting product that has potential to evolve over time, so I hope they can indeed recover from what appears to be the dire situation they found themselves in.

Cheers

Dennis