Old 12-06-2009, 01:50 PM
bmitchell82 (Brendan)
Newtonian power! Love it!

I have to say that i have the same problem with Nebulosity 2.0, the Canon 40d should have reasonable darks, but sometimes its all over the show. though im running though a dodgy kinda usb hub. so there might lay the inherent problem.

Lose the hub get dedicated USB leads and be done with it...
Old 12-06-2009, 02:58 PM
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

Here's a thought. I don't know the answer and it is entirely speculative but if I have ICNR on, and Nebulosity patiently waits for the internal dark frame to complete, what is it that it receives by way of image? Is it the exposure minus the dark or is it the exposure only? I can't put this down to dodgy cables or hubs because I've tried endless perms and coms with these things with no change. I took some frames last night and Nebulosity displayed them progressively and the background noiuse was terrible. But then it occurred to me that what it was showing was a FITS image unprocessed and maybe that's normal. The rubbish gets dumped in the stacking process? Perhaps??
Peter
Old 12-06-2009, 04:04 PM
avandonk
avandonk

A Canon camera when in ICNR mode will subtract the 'dark' from the 'light' in camera at the raw pixel level. The resulting RAW and jpg is sent to where your little heart desires. I do not know what the problem is but a decent computer and USB 2 really helps.

Bert
Old 12-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Glenhuon (Bill)

I have a similar setup, 300D and DSUSB and never had this sort of problem with it. I use DSLR Focus though and save the RAW's direct to PC. If you set it up that way it saves a RAW and a Jpeg for every exposure and gives you a chance to do a quick check of how it came out. As mentioned before I did have a similar problem with the DSI 1, it turned out to be a dodgy USB cable.

Nothing wrong with the 300D Avandonk, mine has given me some real nice pics even with my original old Dell and USB 1.1. May not have the bells and whistles of later models, but suits my purpose (and pocket).

Bill
Old 13-06-2009, 12:30 PM
IvanTheTerrible

If you think it might be a suss USB cable then you could try reading direct from the memory card.

Ian