Old 24-03-2015, 10:29 AM
kon1966 (Kon)

Clip filter system 1100d

Hi guys,
have a modded 1100d which is full spectrum which I just got back from service centre after filter was removed. Photos come out rose red at moment and have photographed orion as a test.

Was reading on the Clip for Eos so Do I need to get Clip Eos or the Clip CCD Eos to put in camera for exposure and also to protect from Dust.

regards
Kon
Old 24-03-2015, 11:03 AM
glend (Glen)

First I'd suggest you do a custom white balance (probably using a grey card) that will help. Secondly, if the blue cast second filter was removed then you are open to full spectrum IR/UV, a simple UV/IR Cut filter will help (this cuts off the IR after the Ha spectrum point). You can get Baader screw on filters (2") that will fit most T-Adaptors, or ou can use the Clip in filters. I use the screw in filter simply because I had one already.
Old 24-03-2015, 12:21 PM
rustigsmed (Russell)

nice job Kon.
an UV/IR cut is required if you are using refractive elements (camera lens/coma corrector etc) otherwise you'll get some star bloat. I purchased a clip in L filter (wide uv/ir pass) which reduced star bloat especially on bright stars. it still comes out reddish in daytime shots but as Glen mentioned a simple white balance corrects this colour shift.

If you are considering a CLS v a CCD CLS (light pollution filters) you need the CCD CLS as it has the UV/IR cut the CLS doesn't.
Old 24-03-2015, 01:49 PM
kon1966 (Kon)

1100d Cls

Since this camera is my dedicated astro and not for general use, will the Clip filters return the camera back to normal or just cut the red wavelength slightly as to not bloat the stars and still have more red sensitivity. The filters do cost a bit.

Regards
Kon
Old 25-03-2015, 08:01 AM
rustigsmed (Russell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kon1966 View Post
Since this camera is my dedicated astro and not for general use, will the Clip filters return the camera back to normal or just cut the red wavelength slightly as to not bloat the stars and still have more red sensitivity. The filters do cost a bit.

Regards
Kon
they allow more red in (Ha) before they cut off - unless you get the OWB clip-in (original white balance).

if its astro only ccd-cls would be your best bet. I wish I got mine sooner. The L filter reduced star bloat but not the light pollution I was suffering.
Old 25-03-2015, 03:28 PM
kon1966 (Kon)

Clip eos

Thanks guys for your advice, looks like cls-ccd is the correct one.

regards
Kon