Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 19-02-2010, 10:17 AM
UK1 (Rob)

UK1 here with an apology and a thank you.. please read

First I want to apologize for the pain in the butt I’ve have been with all the stupid questions I have posted,
It’s been hard for me since I had a stroke, and clinical depression a few years back to understand some of the answers, as most people end up with the same result but do it their own way to get there some very technical….I have never been very good at explaining things on paper even before the stroke always been a hands on person. As for not asking we have found it hard to ask as over the last few years we have been let down by so many people saying they will come to bbq, visits, etc: even up to last hour they phone to say they are not coming wife got very hurt and upset…so when we ask, we wait for people to reply so the time does not upset their family time which is important, or we try and push on alone ,since the stroke I receive very little in the way of pension ( $55 a week ) and so called friends have drifted or dropped us as we cant join in like we used to as we not have the money, also, long car trips to club meets or star parties are hard to get to. The reason I took up the telescope is, I had to find another hobby to do, to keep my brain active as I had to give up golf, ten pin bowling and a few others ..this was a very calm one to take up. I knew I wanted to take photos as I always loved photography , also I knew it was a long learning curve, that part did not matter.
I did a lot of research and saved for about 3 years to get the equipment if I had not brought it then and left it longer I would not have been able to afford it.
Now for the thanks I can a sure you all I appreciate all that you guys and girls have suggested and I should try and do, I’m not a lost case person really just hard to understand things sometimes and as I said we don't like to encroach into peoples live to much
Thanks again
Rob ( UK1 )
Old 19-02-2010, 11:25 AM
mental4astro (Alexander)
kids+wife+scopes=happyman

Rob, only too happy to help where I can. Chin up, mate. I hope I've been able to sort some possibilities for you.
Old 19-02-2010, 11:47 AM
UK1 (Rob)

thank you

You and every one has been great help
Old 19-02-2010, 12:38 PM
DavidU (Dave)
Like to learn

No worries Rob. Keep posting the questions and don't give up.
Old 27-02-2010, 09:57 PM
stephenb (Stephen)

Rob, thanks for your reply, and I'm sure I can speak for most, if not all here, that there is no need for you to apologise. This forum is here to help. Sometimes things don't work out how we plan them and for whatever reason we have to adapt to suit the circumstances put to us.

If you stil decide to sell all your grear, perhaps these could be some options?

Does Solar observing interest you? A Coronado PST on a simple tripod would be a great way to observe the Sun. You could advance to some imaging later on...

A nice neat, small refractor on a tripod?

Just some thoughts...

Stephen
Old 27-02-2010, 10:14 PM
mill (Martin)
sword collector

We are all here to help you Rob but you just have to make it easier for us to do just that.
Some of us have offered to come over and help/teach you how to polar align etc but you have come up with excuses not to do it and never suggested a good time to be able to do it.
Brendan and i have offered many times to help.
I know that you didnt even reply to PM's from People that wanted to help you.
This all sounds hard and unthoughtfull but you have to make a decision (yes help or no help).
We are willing to help you but it is up to you to make a decision to be helped.
Old 28-02-2010, 07:15 AM
UK1 (Rob)

Hi I thought I replyed to all pm's I verry sorry if I missed any one out ...was not ment
Rob
Old 28-02-2010, 07:29 AM
UK1 (Rob)

I am going to push on and get it sorted sure I will get there not given up totaly, been in touch with with Brendan a couple of weeks ago so we are on the right track again

"As for not asking we have found it hard to ask as over the last few years we have been let down by so many people saying they will come to bbq, visits, etc: even up to last hour they phone to say they are not coming wife got very hurt and upset…so when we ask, we wait for people to reply and give a day or time that they can manage and that does not upset their family routine which is important, or we try and push on alone"

thanks again all
Rob
Old 28-02-2010, 09:26 PM
wasyoungonce (Brendan)
Certified Village Idiot

Hi Rob.

Just to reiterate to you...you are most welcome at my doorstep any time.

I know that you like to ...for want of a better sentence "wait until asked"..but as I have said this is not always the most convenient form of communication to me. I cannot predict what is convenient for you. Rest assured ...all cloudless nights are convenient to me.

I am always open to you to come over again and we will do drift aligns & general star candy until the sun shines!

But please don't be backward in coming forward. As I said...my yard is probably best ATM as you get a reasonably good view & I have power on hand. We have discussed many astronomy issues at each other houses but ATM my house is best to learn the sky....until you get on your feet.

I will call you soon...but please if you want to have a night of it...just call...you can be assured I'll be ready willing & waiting 100%.

Brendan