View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 11:57 AM
bmitchell82 (Brendan)
Newtonian power! Love it!

if you are running your equipment in a piggy back configuration ( scopes all stacked ontop of each other) this is the easiest BY FAR setup and yields the best balance system.

SBS is a Side by Side bar, this can be hard for most people as you have to think about whats happening and be very good at understanding what it is your seeing. From my understanding a SBS bar is to reduce the leaver arm. but then it spreads the weight over a large axis and you have to offset the weight anyhow....

I had a issue recently with my 10" i had to rotate the OTA so that the camera/finderguider balanced each other off and pointed them when in the Park position to the ground. this instantly made my balance work.

So my thoughts without seeing what you have actually got.

1. Make sure everything is laying in the axis of the mount and not hanging off the side.

2. you run in a piggy back arrangement.

just for a idea.
if the mount swings to a direction the largest weight will pull to the bottom via gravity (larger mass will pull more). so adjust or move the weight towards where its pointing aka, if it swings to point straight up and down, move the OTA up. retest keep going till it doesn't move