View Single Post
Old 14-09-2015, 03:36 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Thanks for that comprehensive explanation Greg. It sounds like I've done it all correctly, just been following the steps that the Accurate Polar Alignment routine gives. The problem that I ran into is that on the first iteration (slew away from the star) it was HUGE. It should have been out of my cameras FOV but not by too much, instead, T-Point moved approx. two Crux's away. Then the second iteration moved in the wrong direction along the azimuth axis (went from ~12 to 24 arc min away).

I think next clear night what I'll do is push Commit so that it slews away, press Done and THEN go and centre the star. It worked on the first iteration, started moving towards its suggested location and then went "screw that", pushed Done, parked the telescope (to contemplate my next move) and then slewed back to Acrux and centred from there which got me pretty close (~3-10 arc min on both axis, that was on 3x3 and not 100% accurate mind you, wasn't sure what was going to happen so I wasn't too stringent).

Thanks for the reply Greg, just wanted to double check that I hadn't gone an forgotten some silly little parameter that I NEEDED to fill out for it to work. I'll centre it after it thinks it has been done