View Single Post
Old 16-12-2005, 11:39 AM
Striker (Tony)
Whats visual Astronomy

Regarding using the LCD to focus...yes it's true that it will heat up your chip adding noise...so all you do is dont leave the focus screen on too long....same as the reason you dont leave preview on as it will warm up your chip after every shot....and if you do allow a minute before taking your shot...It takes me about 10 seconds to focus..that's it.

I can zoom in 10X mag and get a real close look at the star to focus on.

On the Japan website and in the manual they state try not to use the LCD for 30 seconds or longer and if so let it cool for a further 30 seconds before taking the shot.

I will continue using live focus while everyone else is complaining how hard it is to focus.

Paul(1ponders) was shown how easy it is to focus and I'm sure he agree's that it's a worthy addition exspecialy if you dont have a laptop to use focusing software on and I dont see any noise being a problem in my images....so if you have a 20DA use it. dont let all these 300D and 350D owners talk you out of it...there just jealous...lol

Back to you Bert....go with the 5D on the basis I already have a 20DA and would love to see the mod 5D in action.