View Single Post
Old 29-06-2021, 11:13 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hi Tony
Thank you for not telling me to take a flying leap. Now dont complain about how many..I once went thru 750 and when they were down to 700 went thru again to get to 650 and again to get to 600 ..one could ask was it worth it and I say yes it was if I can I will find the two so you can see the improvement in detail.
I use my file manager to view photos..I think it is just a windows come with it deal...right click it says view or open...and you can then skrol thru the lot..but yes you will go bats using DSS just hunt and find better...you may notice on some stars a slight "fuzz" ...you will eliminate that almost certainly..if not Startools has a "repair" which works sometimes, but not always at least for me, that will fix those stars if not fixed earlier in the process.
When checking you should see at least one star so just go on it..if it is ok chances are they will all be ok..if its crook well the chances are they will all be crook in that sub...however do whatever it takes and if you google you will find ways to do it one of which will suit you I expect.
Another thing, I think you use Gimp?, find the "dodge and burn tool" ...later on when more skilled one would use a masking technique but this is a magic short cut...it allows lightening or darkening of selected areas...and this can do wonders..I think it is frowned upon but heck until you develop the "better" skills why not...but dont over do it...be subtle.
And please realise I am just a mug who really does not know what he is doing but thru trial and error I think I can help a little plus one would like to think if I am horribly wrong someone will jump in and point out a better approach.
Alex