View Single Post
Old 15-06-2021, 01:12 PM
Retrograde (Pete)
a.k.a. @AstroscapePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJL View Post
Hi Pete. If that’s your first light from this combo then wow we are all in for a treat to follow you along on your journey. This is a belter!! Great work
Thanks Adam - much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
A lot depends on seeing too, some nights are good, and some are just very average. Also I find with my refractor, the image shift in the first 2 hours of cooling down causes issues. It’s on of those things, that to get a perfect image lots of things have to go perfectly….. never happens in my experience.
I think the chip that runs these cameras will become a pivotal point in cmos imaging as they are just so clean, and go quite deep quite quickly.
Your image is fine, it’s smooth enough that you can run a bit of deconvoltion to bring out a bit more detail, I also did this target and like you tried the Ha…. It didn’t make much difference to me either really.
Cheers Clive - seeing was definitely less than ideal during the imaging run.
I did try a small amount of sharpening on the galaxy but it didn't improve the image. As far as the Ha goes I think a better image scale would help there (& possibly longer Ha integration - I only had about 40 mins worth).

Imaging with the DSLR on the MN190 didn't show up temperature related focus shift as much, I guess due to bigger pixels & less overall resolution. I'll just have to get into the habit of checking focus more regularly & perhaps investing in a Bahtinov mask to suit.