View Single Post
Old 25-07-2021, 04:27 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswhin63 View Post
Thanks, Alex, We have had almost continual strong winds and rain at the moment, so it is getting a really good workout. I have the mount inside I am experimenting on Peltier cooling my DSLR at the moment.
The reason why it hasn't blown down is that it is fairly heavy, although I have thought of that, I instead on the next iteration to get place hook on the plate under the mount with tie-downs.

The top dome is currently held down with 3 x tie-down straps underneath. (See image). As this is only ever expected to be a way of storing outside my home or on an extended camping trip, I never intend to leave it untethered if strong winds are expected. The highest winds we have had so far while testing has been up to 100kph recently, although based on my house orientation, I only experienced about 60kph. My wife tricked me in the morning saying it fell down, but it was fine.

It is heavier than I like it, I intend the next iteration to use a different composite material for the dome. I am now waiting on Lockdown to subside to get the parts together.
Well I think you are doing very well and I sense your desire to contribute to others enjoyment, which is a wonderful thing.

Carbon fibre!!!! Everyone will want one if it's carbon fibre....and add the word "turbo" in the name...although I am not sure "turbo" carries the same impact as in years gone by...but I guess what I am saying is that I think you have reached the point where the marketing department is called in and perhaps give some thought to colour options....in any event we need many field trips for testing so you had better start planing those.

Alex