View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 01:57 PM
AdamJL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drac0 View Post
That's interesting. Learn something new every day. Do the bias do enough to deal with hot/stuck pixels?
It's only these modern sensors. A couple of other cameras use the same sensor design, and they really don't benefit from darks or dark flats. Mainly because there's just little to no noise anyway.

As for hot pixels, I haven't seen any in my 2600MC or 268M, but I haven't looked too closely. Dithering is how I combat that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesilver View Post
Thanks for the replies,
Yes 100% sure all flats and Bias were taken right after the Lights were done.
So that part is done correct then, just Flats and bias.
I wanted to make all setting weren't changed at all.
I have had this light glow issue now on a few attempts, i thought i was a flats issue, so lowered the ADU from 30000 to 22000 for this run to see if it helped, afraid it didn't though.
I uploaded the files on here to jpeg and reduced them by 25% as they were a tad large.
Tried uploading the same version but at 100% but it won't allow it here.
I am not sure where else to upload the full version to yet, will have to look into that one.
Will look at replacing that flat cable, If they make a shielded USB A to B cable, that would be best, If so i would also look at replacing the cable inside the mount to a shielded version also.

I am now thinking if it could possibly be a smoke haze for a neighbors fire,
Was sitting at about 1 degrees outside when these were taken.

Next thought was to do a back to back comparison with my DSLR, run an image session with the DSLR then swap it straight over to the asi2600mc and run that , but the specs say that the asi2600mc should be far superior in all areas.
Can I ask how you're taking your flats? Are you using a man made source or the sky?
I would check for light leak in your train. If you're getting it more than once, it appears your camera might be picking up stray light from somewhere, as flats are usually taken with a much brighter source and so light leak can show up easier.
Spend some time covering various parts of your scope, check for internal reflections, etc.
I don't envy you on this stage, because I'm still trying to fix some internal reflections of my own and it's not fun.

For image hosting, if you have OneDrive or similar, you can upload them there. Failing that, I'm happy to host them on my own OneDrive if you want. Send me a PM and I can send you the link (and then share it here, so others can also play with the files)