View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 12:39 PM
AdamJL

Are you able to upload the stacked files somewhere? Your images are quite small here; it's hard to see noise which requires a close up view.

That said, the Wipe function in ST shouldn't be used as a metric for noise. It purposefully does a very very aggressive stretch of the image so you can see any issues. Personally, I really don't like it how it does it, even though I understand why it does.

The first image though, looks like a (very bad) bad flats problem. Are you sure your flats were taken with the same settings and without the image train changing?

Also, ditch that flat cable. It's the first rule of thumb with ZWO anything... those flat cables are better used as linguine than actual data transfer cables. It likely won't have caused your issues, but you're just delaying the inevitable by using it.

And lastly, stick to Lights, Flats, and Bias only with the 2600 cameras (and 268s). You don't need to do darks and dark flats, your flats problem will get worse (speaking from experience as I've seen it happen to my own images)