View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 07:22 AM
cyberblitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
That looks like a big offset indeed. Do you have issues collimating the scope?
That's the problem, I don't know. You see, I have had problems with focusing objects but I'm not sure if it's to do with my lack of experience with this type of scope. I owned a 10" Newtonian for 8 years and recently upgraded to the C11 XLT. One of the main issues I have had is focusing and I'm trying to determine why. As far as I can tell, the scope is collimated, at least when viewing the airy disk. However, i have noticed the airy disk will appear non centered depending on the scopes orientation. I have since learned about mirror flop/image shift with these types of scopes, which has been extremely frustrating to experience, especially imaging at high focal lengths i do (6000-7000mm for plantery imaging).

The issue I have experienced is acclimation of the scope; cooling this scope takes an age because its a closed system and there are no vents on the back with this non-edge version.

So, im just trying to understand the scope and rule things out. I have been told that if the secondary is off by even a few mm, it can cause soft images.